Thread: 'GUI MFC Application Stopped Working' error on Gigabyte GA-Z77-DS3H mobo

'GUI MFC Application Stopped Working' error on Gigabyte GA-Z77-DS3H mobo

I have upgraded my pc to Gigabyte GA-Z77-DS3H motherboard and have installed 4gb of ram. The processor that I am using is i7 based and have installed Windows 7 on this build. Now, the problem is that when ever I start the pc then at the desktop I get an error message saying that "GUI MFC Application has stopped working". I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling the graphics driver, which I think is the problem as per the error message, but this isnt working for me? So, does anyone know about this error message and a solution for it? Thanks.

Re: 'GUI MFC Application Stopped Working' error on Gigabyte GA-Z77-DS3H mobo

I have noticed that many people who have updated their Easy Tune 6 version, which is installed in the system, are facing this error message. And to solve this issue, they have just uninstalled their version of Easy Tune completely. You can also try to perform the same workaround and see if it fixes the issue.

I would say, before installing Easy Tune software, you will need to install all the latest updates from Windows. Also check on the gigabyte site for the latest intel chipset drivers available for your motherboard model and then install it. Also, check if there are any remaining drivers for your mobo and install it if necessary.

Have you tried running the program in admin privilege? You will need to right click on the program and then select the properties. After that click on the Compatability Tab. Now under Privilege Level, put a check mark in the box to run this program as an administrator and then click on apply and ok. You can even try to a do a clean boot to troubleshoot a problem in your operating system. For clean boot method, go to this link - http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929135