Thread: ram installation problem in gigabyte H61M-D2H

ram installation problem in gigabyte H61M-D2H

I have gigabyte H61 M D2H Mobo. I've installed 4 gb RAM in 3rd slot counted from processor side. When I install it in 1st or 2nd slot, the pc won't boot ( only processer fan start for 1-3 seconds then stop. Again start it automatically after 2-3 seconds and this happens again and again ). I have to install another 4 Gb ram to make a total of 8 Gb( 2 * 4gb). When I add another 4 gb ram module in remaining empty slots ( say 1st, 2nd or 4th ) the pc again doesn't boot. Both Ram (4Gb) are 1333 Mhz, but of diffrent brands ( one is of corsair and other is of kingston ). When I put only one ram of either brand in 3rd or 4th slot, the pc starts normally. How to solve the problem ?

Re: ram installation problem in gigabyte H61M-D2H

Weird, the gigabyte H61M-D2H board does support 16gb ram without any issues. I guess, due to Intel H61 chipset limitation, please use single-side memory modules when four memory modules are installed. Please refer "Manual" for more memory information for here - http://www.gigabyte.in/products/prod...id=4004#manual

I'm installing only two ram modules, not four.

Well, you can try a sequence, by putting the ram in the slots like 1 and 3/1 and 4/2 and 4/2 and 3 and see if the computer boots. Also, check if it is at stock settings or not? Try to clear the CMOS as well.

I'vd tried all combinations but pc doesn't boot . I've cleared cmos as well. What are stock setting ? How can I change settings if pc doesn't boot ?

By stock settings he meant that you have to set your ram to the stock values and then run a memory tester on it, to see it doesnt produce any errors, if it does then you will need to test other rams on it.
    you know you've made it big on here when you have your own imposter

How do I know stock setting of ram ? How is it related to my problem ? What's the procedure to run memory tester ? Will you please explain.

Quote Originally Posted by VinodKKumar View Post
    How do I know stock setting of ram ? How is it related to my problem ? What's the procedure to run memory tester ? Will you please explain.
    Check the Bios, it might have the options for the RAM divider to be linked/unlinked/Auto. After that you also need to make sure you have set the RAM/DIMM voltage correctly in the BIOS. And to test the ram, just visit memtest86+ and see if it passes the test with zero error.