Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: booting issue with newly purchased gigabyte mother board. h61m-ds2

booting issue with newly purchased gigabyte mother board. h61m-ds2

recently purchased around 3 months ago one gigabyte intel motherboard h61m-ds2 and built a system with a help of an assembler.
    cpu is intel g630 dual core and ram corsair value select 4 gb(cmv4gx3m1a1339c9) and 500 gb segate hdd.
    it has a booting issue, not regular but intermittent.
    on several booting it start with front system led and hdd led on and cpu fan also. but after usuual gigabyte logo a screen appears as heading dual bios uefi with blue back ground,then with in few seconds system stops(front led indicaters,cpu fan ,even smps fan but then restart with in few second. this start and stop usually happen twice then ultimately system boot.
    after booting hours running with no problem.
    me using win xp.
    but this booting problem is intermittent ,eg occurs like 2 times out of 10.,many times after one or 2 days.
    i changed the smps(me using local low cost smps in india) but problem still persist and changed with new cmos battery(for another similar problem) and last time i changed sata ports for dvd player and hdd. I saw after changing sata ports the fault didn't occur for 20 to 25 days.
    recently i change some bios setting(though i am not a tech person) in memory dram setting.
    under M.I.T ,dram timing selectable i select quick instead of auto and channel interleaving and rank interleaving set enabled instead of auto.
    any way before it i always set optimized default.
    long story . if any one can help what sud be the approach.
    still i didn't contact local accel frontline in kolkata(where i bought the motherboard).

Re: booting issue with newly purchased gigabyte mother board. h61m-ds2

I assume that the problem has something to do with the cheap PSU that you are using. Can you tell us what is the Watts of this Power Supply? Also, can you try to insert one RAM at a time and see if that eliminates the issue?

Quote Originally Posted by appy10 View Post
    I assume that the problem has something to do with the cheap PSU that you are using. Can you tell us what is the Watts of this Power Supply? Also, can you try to insert one RAM at a time and see if that eliminates the issue?
    it(psu) is branded as espectrum ,mainly imported from china. i already replaced one smps branded as techcom(that is also from china).
    both are cheap type but many users in india use this type of cheap smps without any problem with minimum configuaration.
    this replaced smps is rated as 500w with 24 amp written for 12 volt rail.
    i am using 4gb value select corsair ram ,single module. my configuration are simple,no gpu or any add on.
    only recently changed the optimized default in bios setting with some extra setting as for ram as mentioned in first post.
    thanx for ur response

Well, in that case I would recommend you to go into BIOS and run the default bios setting without altering any changes in the ram settings or anything else. After that check to see if you are facing any sort of issues again. If so then run memtest to check your ram and find out if there is some problems with the ram itself?

Quote Originally Posted by ApPy10 View Post
    Well, in that case I would recommend you to go into BIOS and run the default bios setting without altering any changes in the ram settings or anything else. After that check to see if you are facing any sort of issues again. If so then run memtest to check your ram and find out if there is some problems with the ram itself?
    and any issue with the mother board itself?

and for memory is the value select 4gb module of corsair brand not supported by the board?
    corsair may agree to replace,then sud i replace with the same type module(i am usung 1 module)

after the built i mainly setted the bios with optimized default but problem was there.

I think that the Gigabyte GA-H61M-DS2 Motherboard supports 16 GB DDR3 Dual Channel DIMM, so the ram wont be an issue unless you are not using any of this 1066 MHz, 1333 MHz or 800 MHz Memory Frequency of the ram. I cannot say for sure that it could be a mobo problem but you can try to get some mobo or hardware expert to have a look at it.

Quote Originally Posted by unidentified View Post
    I think that the Gigabyte GA-H61M-DS2 Motherboard supports 16 GB DDR3 Dual Channel DIMM, so the ram wont be an issue unless you are not using any of this 1066 MHz, 1333 MHz or 800 MHz Memory Frequency of the ram. I cannot say for sure that it could be a mobo problem but you can try to get some mobo or hardware expert to have a look at it.
    my ram is 1333 mhz(as written) but g630 cpu has limitation of 1066 only,so far i know

Quote Originally Posted by kaly422000 View Post
    my ram is 1333 mhz(as written) but g630 cpu has limitation of 1066 only,so far i know
    I dont think there is any problem what so ever if you are running 1333mhz ram on your hardware setup, it will run at full speed also. The mobo that you are using supports 1333mhz ram, so the cpu will not limit the ram to 1066mhz. I see that you are using a cheap espectrum psu which might be affecting the system, why dont you try to upgrade to some decent psu's from corsair or antec or coolermaster.

fact is that in INDIA max ppl use the cheap psu in the range below 20$ or so.
    i have another system with g41 of asus and using such cheap psu with out any problem.
    i think low end gigabyte board have some problems or compatebility issue with many rams or cheap psus .
    though i am not tech person
    any way if this is not mobo issue .can u say.

I agree that some mobo can be run on cheap psu's but there are other branded boards that do require branded and fine psu's. Unless you dont use a better psu, how can you expect the motherboard to run better. You just have to live with the facts, mate.

can any one say that the above mentioned booting problem is not a mobo issue as if this is a mobo issue then i have to decide fast as h61 ,the cheapest sandy bridge board may be out of market soon.

Quote Originally Posted by kaly422000 View Post
    can any one say that the above mentioned booting problem is not a mobo issue as if this is a mobo issue then i have to decide fast as h61 ,the cheapest sandy bridge board may be out of market soon.
    I dont think like its a mobo issue, but the cheap hardware that you are using with the mobo.

Quote Originally Posted by Agilent View Post
    I dont think like its a mobo issue, but the cheap hardware that you are using with the mobo.
    thanx and i hope so.

only cheap is psu and otherwise hdd and ram is standard one.

and this booting problem is odd one ,occur intermittent like 2 out of 10 starting or may be after 2 or three days

Well, nobody until now has asked about whether there are any heating problems with the CPU or not? Did you check or tried to monitor the temp of your computer with some tools like Real Temp software or any other. It could be an overheating issue, so check if anything like thermal paste or some cleaning is required to done inside the computer barebones.
    you know you've made it big on here when you have your own imposter

Quote Originally Posted by techman View Post
    Well, nobody until now has asked about whether there are any heating problems with the CPU or not? Did you check or tried to monitor the temp of your computer with some tools like Real Temp software or any other. It could be an overheating issue, so check if anything like thermal paste or some cleaning is required to done inside the computer barebones.
    i chek frequently with easy tune 6 of gigabyte. cpu and system temp are ok. like cpu between 30 and system between 36 centrigate.
    and it is booting fault as described in first post and occurred intermittent. like 2 out of 10 start up

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast