Thread: Error 57E while running Office Update

Error 57E while running Office Update

I am getting Error 57E while running Office 2003 update. The update did not worked and it is constant. I tried to install the update manually but that too did not worked. I am using Windows Vista. What does the error code related to. My friend has Windows XP and he did not faced any error like this. Does Vista has some issue with Office 2003. I am looking for a valid answer here. If someone can provide me stable update link it will be more helpful.

re: Error 57E while running Office Update

The error is related to some invalid registry keys. While updating it looks it is not installed properly. To fix the same there are two things you can do. First run the update back in Safe Mode. Boot in Safe Mode with Network. It will allow you to use internet. Second run a repair setup of Microsoft Office. That is much more better. As repair setup allows you to fix a number of installation issue. The quickest way is running repair setup. You need Office installation disc for that.

I had tried to do that manually but it failed. It looks that updates are not compatible with Windows Vista. There some issue with compatibility of Office edition. I am also using Office 2003. Later on I upgraded to Office 2007 and the updates worked. There are no errors know. I had checked the update details. They clearly shows support for Office 2003 but I am not able to understand why this does not work in Vista. I had tried a numerous way to make it work, but that did not helped much.

It looks no one has able to resolve the issue till yet. The error still failed to install. I had contacted Microsoft to provide me some patch or fix on it. But there is no proper reply received. They provided a number of troubleshooting steps. None of it worked. One thing I want to suggest for Vista users. Right click on the update and choose run Administrator. It might worked if you are lucky. The update mostly fail if it is not allowed to overwrite some registry files.

I had too stuck in the same. The update crashed on my system also. I am talking to some guy who can fix this. He told me to disable my antivirus for time being. Once the update is installed then turn on the antivirus back again. That did not worked. Second he told to restore the computer to old date, but that too does not work. It looks like the update is not stable. The error is related to only one single update. I had checked Windows installer also it is also updated and latest. The last thing remains it the registry thing which is yet pending to get fix.

re: Error 57E while running Office Update

I have uploaded a capture of the machine's update log showing the various failures related to the 57E error. I don't know how to get a text version - sorry.

I can't see if the file uploaded - tried it twice, says 100%, but I'm not sure it is uploaded. Sorry.