Thread: Microsoft Office Updates for Mac Office Update Service

Microsoft Office Updates for Mac Office Update Service

Does updates really put any effect on Office in Mac operating system. My friend just asked to do the or not. Will that make any changes to the current application. He is using Microsoft Office 2010 and it is working fine. He found somewhere new updates for it and want to run the same. Now what I know that Mac system are quiet finer than Windows and there is no need to run continuous updates on them. They are also far more secure. I told him to ensure that your documents stuff is working fine. Like saving or publishing the same on web. If you face any error you can update the applications when needed.

Re: Microsoft Office Updates for Mac Office Update Service

Running update is on your choice. Updates offer various bug fixes for a application. And I in my views you must go for the same. I had seen a update Microsoft Office for Mac 2011 Service Pack 2 (14.2.0) available for office. You can run to get the latest service pack on your system. Some updates also offers you some extra features. Basically it keeps your application a bit stable. Mac also comes with software update option like in Windows. You can leave that on so that the system checks for new updates automatically and install them.

Re: Microsoft Office Updates for Mac Office Update Service

I am not sure about Mac but I had seen if there are continuous updates in your system your system performance keeps on degrading. I do not know why. Updates are recommended when you face any error while working on Office. I do updates only when such thing happen. Or else every time it consumes my bandwidth when I keep my updates on.