Thread: Windows installer shown everytime I open a Microsoft Office 2007

Windows installer shown everytime I open a Microsoft Office 2007

I have installed Office 2007 in my system running on Office 2007 Ultimate, i dont have any issue in running office programs but the problem is that whenever i open any Office programs i get messages like 'Preparing to Install'... then... 'Please wait while Windows configures Microsoft Office Ultimate 2007'. That's really irritating, i wasn't getting such response in office 2003. I wanted to know if there is any possible solution for fixing this???

Re: Windows installer shown everytime I open a Microsoft Office 2007

That's quite weirs, you should not get same error message every time. I will suggest you to try out repairing ms office and check out if that's helping. You can repair it form add/remove program or you can use its Ms office original installation disk as well. Let me know if repairing fixes the issue in your case.

Are you using any kind of clean-up program? If yes than you can let your clean-up app to skip "OPA12.BAK" file, if there is an option for doing that. I wanted to share that clean-up program delete back-up files every time, some back-up files are required by Office for loading common executions. If such backup files are missing then office try to reinstall them and that's why you see 'Preparing to Install'... and... 'Please wait while Windows configures Microsoft Office Ultimate 2007' messages. So just add "OPA12.BAK" file as an exception in your clean up utility to get rid of those messages. If you are not using any clean up utility then i guess you will have to reinstall Office 2007. I cant think of any other solution that might help.

First try repairing office, if at all it doesn't help then you can try uninstalling and reinstalling it. You can follow below article for removing Microsoft Office 2007 completely.
    How to uninstall or remove Microsoft Office 2007 suites

Re: Windows installer shown everytime I open a Microsoft Office 2007

The problem I have is all the MS Office 2007 programs work fine in the Administrators profile, but attempt to reinstall in all other user profiles. Then all the programs will operate fine except for MS Word. It becomes nonresponsive. any suggestion??