Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Office 2000 SR-1a update fails

Office 2000 SR-1a update fails

Office SR-1a update is not working on my system. At first my hard drive crashed. But it is still working. I had re-installed Windows XP back again with all software needed. Now at last while performing a fresh update I am getting a error message related to Office SR-1a update. The error says that Office 2000 SR-1 Core Update patch is missing or invalid. I am not able to find the right cause behind it. I had checked on number of site but all of them just speaks about the issue. There is rarely any solution found on the same. I do not want to re-install all stuff back again. It is possible to install that manually again.

There are tons of argument based on the failure update. You can manually download that. You have to check on that Office update site. There are some download sites also available that provides you the download. I will recommend you to find that from Office update site as it would be more reliable. There can be issue with the update installation. Due to improper registry patch or correction the issue appear mostly. Re-installing Office 2000 is another issue because there is no way you can find the download. I had kept the backup with me which helps me a number of time to deal with such issues. It looks like the issue lies among Microsoft end. There are some updates which are buggy and they must look into the same. At the time of installation the setup looks for the right file size. The same update was working fine on my another desktop at my office. Check the following link below to find more related information on the update.

Frequently asked questions about Office 2000 Service Releases, Service Packs, and Updates

Thanks for the answer. That worked in my system. I also had a drive failure. I thought that was a virus issue, but some buggy updates just spoiled my computer. I just want to know that does some of this updates which are mentioned is also applicable for Windows XP SP3. Because a very few number of older security updates do not really work for XP SP2. I had tired to find the same on the official site. I also found some links on other similar threads but many of them are not working on the same. Second thing one solution that really helped me is working with Office 2007 compatibility upgrade. That will be more helpful and any of you who are using Office 2007 must not ignore this update. The reason behind that SR-1 error is that when the download is completely the setup is not able to read the file in temp folder. Even if you retry the download a number of time, it will not help much. Manual setup works more of the time.

Re: Office 2000 SR-1a update fails

The SR-1a is provided instead of SR-1. So just ensure that which update you are receiving. If that is the older one then the error will appear. Somehow updating Windows became a bit messy if you land onto such issue. I got this error frequently but I ignore the same. I had no upgraded to a newer edition of Windows, and now things went fine.

Offline installation is the only thing that will work for any update that fails to install. That can be related to bad sectors in your hard drive or invalid download file. I am still using Office 2000 due to some reason. I do not want to go for the update. I was first looking on Microsoft forums to find some related threads that can guide me to fix this issue. Now I am providing two links below. The first one offers Microsoft Office 2000 Resource Kit. From here you can download a number of add-ons that are needed for the office suite. The second link gives you issue related to kb258323. Do visit the link to get much better help on the error.
    Microsoft Office 2000 Resource Kit
    KB258323

Even I am struggling with the same. My experience was quiet bad while updating Microsoft Office 2000 on my new computer. I had kept the copy of Office disc. There were around 2. I tried to update but that did not really worked well. I found a blog which said to download and install O2KSR1aDL.exe to fix the issue. That really worked out. You can find the same on Google.

Is there way to find other version of O2KSR1aDL.exe you mentioned. I have a non english edition of Microsoft Office and I am not able to get the right file. I am also unsure to test this one on the existing system. I had contacted Microsoft to get the right update, but they are not giving any information. My system is very old and I do not want to make is useless just like that. I hope there will be any other way through which we can find the download of this file in non english version.

I posted the original thread on this in Feb 2009 and have had several people email me asking for an upload of the Office 2000 SR1 file via FTP.
    One of the last people to ask for an upload was gracious enough to keep it posted on a public FTP site. He said it was OK to post the site for anyone else needing the file. Thanks to Charlie Hardy for keeping the FTP site open. Here is the info on the site:
    ftp.actovernight.com
    Username: acttest
    Password: ACT.test1

Don't know how to thank you...it worked. I've tried many different sites....with no luck all for this little thread to enable me to reinstall office 2000 which I've had for years. Then a computer crash...and couldn't reinstall all the updates even though I had the original disk and had bought the some of the update disks, but obviously missing Sr-1 stopped the whole effort. Can't believe MS would still have (all) the updates, but the one you need to bridge the gap to put them in. Pass on my thanks to Charlie Hardy as well.

I just saw the ftp post .. I was doing searches and that post did not come
    up

Since office 2000 is EOL ( end-of-life ) microsoft has removed all fixes for it since its been published. So if you have the office 2k cd, then unless you
    saved the fixes, that is all that you will have for office 2k just fine!

Well done for all the help on this thread.

I needed to go back to Windows XP factory defaults on my PC and reinstall Office 2000.
    The SR1a from the Microsoft site does not install.
    Run O2KSR1aDL.exe from e.g. the 4shared site and then you can run SP3 from the Microsoft website and also the file format converter for those docx files created under Office 2007.

For my needs the versions of Excel, Word and Powerpoint in Office 2000 are just fine!

I have DLed the Office 2000 SR-1a Offline Update from the above mentioned FTP site and uploaded it to a few places in case others need it and are unable to get the FTP site working. The update is available at the following links (you only need one):

mblseky, and others - the linksno longer work. Does anyone else have this file (Office 2000 SR1)? I just recently reinstalled Win XP and can't update O2K, as others. Thx for your help.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr.X View Post
    mblseky, and others - the linksno longer work. Does anyone else have this file (Office 2000 SR1)? I just recently reinstalled Win XP and can't update O2K, as others. Thx for your help.
    The following steps require Internet connectivity. Additionally, you will likely be prompted to insert the original install media. Because of the size of the SR-1/SR-1a Update download, you may want to download it at night or at a time when your Internet connection speed is the fastest, particularly if you do not have a broadband Internet connection.

• To download and install the SR-1/SR-1a Update, use your Web browser to visit the following Microsoft Web site:
      http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/d...displaylang=en
    • On the right side of the Web page, click Download. If you are prompted with the choice to Open or to Save O2ksr1a.exe, click Open. The SR-1a update starts downloading now. Because of the relatively large size of the download, this process can take up to several hours, depending on your Internet connection speed.
    • After the update package is finished downloading, the interface appears. Follow the instructions that appear on the screen to complete the installation. If you are prompted to install the original install media during the process, do so when you are prompted.
    • When the install process is completed, restart your computer if you are prompted to do so.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr.X View Post
    PM me your email address and ill email you a link. I cannot post links on this forum, as I don't have enough posts. I have it at my office still, and can UL it on Monday.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast