Thread: Cannot install/remove 2007 Compatibility Pack

Cannot install/remove 2007 Compatibility Pack

I am having Office Professional 2003 in my system and i have installed 2007 Compatibility Pack today but now when i am trying to run or remove any program then i am getting below error.

"This patch package could not be opened. Verify that the patch package exists and that you can access it, or contact the application vendor to verify that this is a valid Windows Installer patch package."

Any help for fixing this error will be highly appreciated.Thanks in advance.

Re: Cannot install/remove 2007 Compatibility Pack

I think you will have to uninstall 2007 Compatibility Pack and reinstall it. Once you have uninstalled it successfully you can go through below article for installing it.
    How to install the Microsoft Office Compatibility Pack so that you can open and save Office Open XML formats in earlier versions of Microsoft Office
    If you face any issues further then feel free to ask, best of luck.

Calvin K thanks for pointing me to that article but just when i tried uninstalling 2007 Compatibility Pack i came across same error again. I am just running out of ideas now, I had not installed it previously as mentioned in above article but now i cant give that a try as i am not able to uninstall it. Is there anything else that i can try out for uninstalling it now??

I am exactly in same situation, i had not installed Compatibility Pack as mentioned in the above article but now when i am trying to correct my mistake i am getting same error message while uninstalling it. I don't mind contacting Microsoft technician but i will have to pay them a lot, i am looking for free help and that's why i am posting my query here. Hoping to get a fix on this soon, i will carry out my search and will post back if i come across any update on this issue.

Hey guys just try out the un-installation method that has been mentioned in below knowledge based article and see if you all are able to uninstall Compatibility Pack successfully.
    How to troubleshoot problems when you install or uninstall programs on a Windows-based computer
    Hope that helps!!!