Thread: Product Key not working for Microsoft Office Standard Edition 2003

Product Key not working for Microsoft Office Standard Edition 2003

I bought a new Gateway Media Center Powerhouse system that came with Windows XP and MS Office Standard Edition 2003 preloaded. System is working fine but am facing problem with the office. Whenever am trying to open any office application, it prompts me for Product key. First I was not aware where can I get the product key but later I found it behind my system on a sticker. I noted the same and entered the key when prompted but it says 'You have not entered a valid product key' .

First, when I bought the system I asked them whether it is trial, they said no. Second, though entering the key mentioned behind it is saying wrong product key. What I can I do to fix it ?

Re: Product Key not working for Microsoft Office Standard Edition 2003

Well dude the product key you are entering is obviously wrong hence you are getting that message because the keys written behind the system use to be for the Windows and not for Office and any other programs. I have never saw any laptop or desktop having Office keys written behind. What you can do here is check the manuals or any documentation you got with the system and see if they have mentioned the codes anywhere.

Re: Product Key not working for Microsoft Office Standard Edition 2003

I think you got cheated by the guys where you bought the system as you said they confirmed that it is not trial. So the solution is very simple. Just call their guys and tell them to activate the office. That’s it.

And if you want to troubleshoot yourself than check out this: Invalid product key errors in Microsoft Office