Thread: Office Home and Student 2007 Installation Problem

Office Home and Student 2007 Installation Problem

Recently I installed a new PC with Windows XP home edition and bought a copy of Office 2007 Home and Student Edition. When I opened the package I found that there was no CD. Surprising, isn’t it ? Now as I don’t have time to call them again, complain about this wait for a week again, I simply visited MS download page and downloaded x12-30107.exe that is the setup of Home and Student Edition.

Now the problem is when I double click the downloaded file it freezes for few seconds, does nothing and quits. I tried extracting the file manually but that too won’t happen. What should I do now? Please help.

Re: Office Home and Student 2007 Installation Problem

How did you tried extracting the file ? I have downloaded it once long time ago and I was able to extract it smoothly using Win.rar. Did you tried that ? If not use it for extracting x12-30107.exe. better first make a folder (will be good if make in C drive itself but don’t name it Microsoft Office). Once extracted run the setup from root of this folder. Should work.

That was really helpful Jasonholt, thank you. I did the same and now my office installed but a new problem rose. Whenever I trying to activate it (using Activate via Internet), it gives me an error message stating:

"Product key has already been activated maximum number of times permitted as in license"

Damn, how is this possible ? This is the first time I was trying to use this product. I doubt the vendor I bought this CD, first I dint received installation disk in the package now the product key also doesn’t seems to be working. Is there any way I can prove this product key was mine and restrict others from using the same ?

Yes you can. You just need to call up Microsoft folks and explain them the situation. Usually they charge you about 10$ to provide new Product key. But the only condition is you must have the product Disk.