Thread: Uninstall problem : "the language of this installation package is not supported by your system"

Uninstall problem : "the language of this installation package is not supported by your system"

Hi, I am having a Windows Vista 32bit laptop where installed Office 2007 about 2 months ago. Now due to some reasons I need to uninstall it completely from my system but whenever I try uninstalling it from Add and Remove Programs, it gives me error stating

“the language of this installation package is not supported by your system”

Damn, I don’t know which language it is talking about. Tried rebooting laptop various time as well but yet it is not ready to live my laptop. Please help.

Re: Uninstall problem : "the language of this installation packageis not supported by your system"

Well there could be various reasons that is preventing the uninstallation of Office 2007 from Add and Remove Programs. Hence you should try out uninstalling the same using “Install and Uninstall troubleshooter”. You should checkout this KB Article containing various methods to remove Office 2007: http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=928218#Method1a

Re: Uninstall problem : "the language of this installation package is not supported by your system"

There can be different reason behind the problem. Sometime a language pack is not compatible and give you the problem. It is essential that you must try to find out the right language pack for the system. Second the file which you had downloaded would be in iso or img format. You will require to check whether it is proper or not. If it is damaged then you will need to re-download the same back again and it will resolve the problem. The last thing you will need to see is that you are running the setup in admin accounts only. Limited accounts prevent system file modification.

Re: Uninstall problem : "the language of this installation package is not supported by your system"

Press Windows Key + R key from your keyboard. In that type intl.cpl and hit enter. Regional and Language box will popup on the screen. In that go in Languages Tab. You have to click on Additional Languages. Choose what you want to install. The setup will prompt you to provide the Windows disc. So keep that ready in your optical drive. If everything goes well the pack will be installed. You can use that without error after restarting your pc. Most of the time such issue only occur if the file is damage. You just have to download fresh version back again.This would resolve the problem.