Thread: Setup cannot find InfoPath.en-us\InfoPathMUI.msi

Setup cannot find InfoPath.en-us\InfoPathMUI.msi

As the title suggest, it is the error am getting while trying to install Office Enterprise 2007 on my windows xp based computer. Let me first tell you that my computer was giving me Blue Screens regularly from last couple of weeks hence I bought a new Hard drive and installed Xp on the same. And as a D Drive, I attached my older HDD giving me BSODs.

Now the problem is when am trying to install Office 2007, its progress bar move for about 20% and says "Setup cannot find InfoPath.en-us\InfoPathMUI.msi. Browse to a valid installation source and then click OK." I know the file is right in the installation folder on D drive, hence I pointed the installation there but it says Invalid Locations.

For instance I copied infopathmui.msi file an dplaced it on C drive Desktop, but yet I get the same Invalid Location error and cannot complete the installation. Someone please help me out.

RE: Setup cannot find InfoPath.en-us\InfoPathMUI.msi

I was having the same problem couple of weeks ago but in my case I somehow installed it successfully. What I did may not sound techie for you but it worked for me. You should give it a try as well. First of all see if there is any folder or files created in program files due to these interrupted installation processes. If yes, delete them all completely from your system. Now boot in safe mode and try starting the installation. I did this and worked

Re: Setup cannot find InfoPath.en-us\InfoPathMUI.msi

Can you tell us whether you are trying to install Office 2007 with a disc or downloaded file? Try to make sure you dont have multiple versions of Office installed on your computer by going into Control Panel and then Programs and Features. If you find different versions of Office suite then try to remove all the versions and then install the Office 2007 suite only.

Re: Setup cannot find InfoPath.en-us\InfoPathMUI.msi

You can easily try to uninstall a different version of Microsoft Office if it is installed in your machine, just follow the below method:
    • Click Start.
    • Click All Programs, and then open the Accessories folder (skip this step in Windows XP).
    • Click Run, and then click in the Open box.
    • Type appwiz.cpl, and then click OK.
    • Locate the Microsoft Office entry in the list of currently installed programs.
    • Select it, and then click Uninstall (or Remove in Windows XP).

For more methods follow this link - http://support.microsoft.com/kb/928218