Thread: Problem with Office repeatedly trying to install

Problem with Office repeatedly trying to install

I have office 2007 installed on my system and it was working properly until yesterday when I tried to open any office application to send an email in outlook, i used to get Windows Installer box popping-up that normally says preparing to install and then afterwards it used to give Microsoft office Enterprise 2007 and then again a message "please wait while Windows configures Microsoft Office Enterprise 2007" followed by "gathering required information". After sometime it will again revert back to the same message "preparing to install" and then it will disappear. I have been getting this thing again and again when ever i try to send any email, so does anyone know what is happening here and how do i solve this issue?

Have you tried removing and reinstalling the office 2007 from the Windows XP Add and Remove feature in Control Panel? To do the same please follow the below steps:
    1. First of all you have to click on Start.
    2. After that you need to click All Programs, and then open the Accessories folder (skip this step in Windows XP).
    3. Next you have to click Run, and then click in the Open box.
    4. After that you should Type appwiz.cpl, and then click OK.
    5. Here you will have to find the Microsoft Office entry in the list of currently installed programs and select it.
    6. Note that the Microsoft Office 2007 entry is not the entry for the Office 2007 edition installed on your computer.
    7. Lastly you will have to click Uninstall (or Remove in Windows XP).

Restart pc and then try to install the office 2007 suite again on your pc.

I had been getting this problem recently and I have tried the Windows Installer CleanUp Utility which listed a solution on many sites, but if i try to run the file then i immediately get an error that says:
    Windows Script Host: c:\users\dan\appdata\local\temp\IXP000.TMP\StartMsi.vbs - permission denied; Source: Microsoft VBScript runtime error
    I thought that this will work for office 2007 but it seems that it was for the old version of office suite, which is why it is not working for me. Any ideas?

I had this problem which was actually related to the permission issue but I solved it by downloading and installing the SubInACL.exe on my system from here - http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/d...displaylang=en
    After that I open Wordpad and then pasted the below following entries in it and save it as a fix_office_permissions.cmd file.

Code:
    cd /d "%programfiles%\Windows Resource Kits\Tools"
    subinacl /subkeyreg HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE /grant=administrators=f /
    grant=system=f
    subinacl /subkeyreg HKEY_CURRENT_USER /grant=administrators=f /
    grant=system=f
    subinacl /subkeyreg HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT /grant=administrators=f /
    grant=system=f
    subinacl /subdirectories %SystemDrive% /grant=administrators=f /
    grant=system=f
    subinacl /subdirectories %windir%\*.* /grant=administrators=f /
    grant=system=f
    After creating this file, i just double clicked on it and then it gradually worked for me, however i will make no guarantees is this solution will work for anybody else or not.

Even I am having same problem on my Windows Vista operating system. I have installed Office 2007 on it and after that the Outlook is not able to launch the Windows Installer even though all other office applications are still launching it. When I checked in Control Panel and in Set Default Programs, the only office program that I am able to see if Outlook. There are no Powerpoint, Word, Publisher, Excel, listed and seems to be installed? This sure seems to be a Microsoft's update problem that is causing office not to work properly and I am desperately in search of a fix for this issue.

As a temporary fix try to make new shortcuts to each Microsoft Office 2007 executable on your desktop, it will work for sometimes, but remember not to run anything by clicking on the application's associated file like the xls doc file formats. Untill a patch or a hotfix is released for this issue, I think people can still use this temporary fix or can either try to reinstall Windows Vista as fresh and see if that works.