Thread: Office 2007 Setup will not continue

Office 2007 Setup will not continue

I download Office 2007 ISO image and burned it to a DVD. When I started the installation, I got an error message saying “Setup cannot continue because a required file is either corrupted or not available. Run Setup again from the original source disc or download location.”

I thought there would be some problem in the downloaded ISO file (many times files get corrupt while downloading) hence I downloaded the ISO again and burned to a disk. But still getting the same problem. How can a ISO file that is downloaded from MS site can be corrupted or could be missing the required file. Is there any chance of happening this ? Also is there any way to get rid of this annoying problem?

Please help.

Re: Office 2007 Setup will not continue

Many times the data or ISO image gets corrupt even while burning with any third party software. Can I know which burner software are you using for burning this ISO on your system ? Another cause of getting data corrupted is because your software or the DVD burner might be requiring updates. You need to check them all.

Alternatively and better than doing all these things, why don’t you just use any ISO Mounting applications like Daemon Tools or ISOBuster to mount the ISO directly as a drive and install right from there ? That is the best way, you don’t even waste your DVDs and time require for burning them.

Thanks for your helps Patton. First let me tell you that I am using Nero Ultimate v7.5.7.0 for burning the ISO and the Office I downloaded is Ultimate 2007 RTM. As you asked, I tried burning the ISO earlier on my Windows XP Pro SP2 computer and the second downloaded ISO was burned on Windows Vista Ultimate, on both operating system and used Nero for burning process and got the same error though.

As per your instructions, I downloaded Virtual Daemon v4.08 and mounted ISO, This time when I tried to install, the error changed to something “could not upgrade from an older version”. Now I don’t which upgrade is it talking about. Earlier I was having Office 2007 Beta installed but I removed it before trying to install this RTM.

I guess there would be something left under registry that is sending signals to installer that still Beta is installed. Any advice what I need to do now ?

Bob Buckland ?:-\) Guest
    There are two different parts then going on. All MS Office 2007 related beta products, including all of the apps, server products,
    XPS/PDF add-in, Expression Web, VSTO beta (and other items with '2007' in the title in Add/Remove Programs) do need to be removed to
    install the release edition of the 2007 Office system products.

The Nero software is one that has been giving folks fits when trying to work with the ISO, but apparently, mostly on Vista, so it
    may be an incompatability with a Vista setting and Nero, or ...

Folks have reported that ISOBuster does seem to work fairly reliably to get around the installation issues.

Burn the iso at a slower speed say 4x and they will work

Terry Farrell Guest
    If you go up to the thread
    news:D09D1573-FE04-438B-BAE2-73AE8D99EA5E@microsoft.com dated 19 Nov, you'll
    se a whole long thread devoted to this. To cut to the quick, the guilty
    party seems to be Nero v7.5 doesn't burn CDRs correctly under Vista - though
    it works correctly under XP. It looks as though Nero/Vista is not
    controlling the speed of the burn correctly which corrupts some files.

If you manually set the burn to a low speed, it will work.

And if you look who started that thread you might understand why I posted a
    helpful comment to this thread

I meant tot reply to Dr Technical so that he would see the original thread -
    sorry about that

Dr. Technical Guest

I was successful finally in getting Office 2007 to install on my Vista
    Ultimate machine. I ended up using the Daemon Virtual CD-ROM utility and had
    to uninstall the Expressions Beta.

I will try re-burning the ISO images to CD-ROM using a slower write speed on
    my Nero Ultra. I had just about come to the same conclusion as others: that
    Nero running on Vista has some issues writing discs reliably.

Maybe I'm just a curmudgeon, but I wish that Microsoft would give us some
    additional source of information when they display error messages with
    cryptic phrases telling you to uninstall "associated technologies." If they
    know what the "technologies" are, why can't they post a KB article telling us
    what to remove? How many hours have been wasted by the collective community
    trying to get this install to work, when a little official help could have
    lowered everyone's frustration level greatly? I know the Community is a
    great place to come for assistance, but there are so many strategies proposed
    by so many users, it can be confusing and time-consuming to sort through to
    find the ones that may meet your particular situation.

Jeff Guest

Skip Nero, use burncdcc from terrabye unlimited
    Never had one single failure, never.
    And it's free

Bob Buckland ?:-\) Guest

There is a MS Knowledge Base article on that error message that includes many of the more common items that need to be removed.
    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/927222/en-us?FR=1

The issue with Nero isn't part of that particular error.

Installed Office 2007

I do think that all the downloads you have made are ok. Because I tried installing Office 2007 Ultimate on Vista Ultimate and had similar problems. My installation source was a DVD from Micorsoft. So what I think actual Office setup has a problem.
    Anyway I did install Office 2007 Ultimate after some struggle and I did publish a post on this.
    If any one interested please visit my lengthy blog at either

Thanks everyjoe.com! I attempted to uninstall and reinstall office 2007 because it was giving me so many errors. I kept getting the "Setup cannot continue because a required file is either corrupt or unavailable..." I suspected some of the previous Office 2007 files were still around but I couldn't figure out how to remove them. I searched for the answer for days and finally found a forum that led me to this Microsoft support page.

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?kbid=290301

This COMPLETELY removed all traces of Office from my computer and my new install went perfectly! Use this to remove your current version(S) of Office and reinstall!