Thread: Which one is better between Office 365 and Office 2013

Which one is better between Office 365 and Office 2013

To upgrade Office which edition here is better. Office 365 or the regular Office 2013. Rightnow we all are using Office 2010. We are having a setup of around 40 pc and we want to upgrade the office edition at the same time. We had first gone through OS update. I had installed Windows 7 on everyone one them. I was having license of Office 2010 so for the temporary period I had installed it in every system. I had also seen that Office 365 offers more productivity features for online support. How does it is better than 2013.

Re: Which one is better between Office 365 and Office 2013

Office 2013 is a offline applications. That means you use all the applications on your pc itself which includes from editing to publishing. While Office 365 is a kind of online tool. It offers you a set of online apps that you can use for productivity purpose.

If you are looking for some kind of cloud support then go for Office 365. Or else it is not required. Office 365 offers you to get your own personal cloud where you and your users can access files and share them. With the help of Office Web Apps you can simply use all the applications on your web browser itself. It is very effective for large network. While for a mid size business you can still use Office 2010. It is quiet good in terms of performance. There are different editions available in Office 365. Like the Home Premium edition which is the most basis offers you a 20GB of online storage. You can keep your files in Skydrive. And also every month it gives you 60minutes of free calls on Skype. In the same way the second edition is Office 365 Small Business that offers you hosted Exchange service. This is to run personal company mail server. Also it offers service like Sharepoint and Lync. You can compare all the editions on the internet and checkout the right price and output. I think this will be more appropriated. If you do not require any cloud service then you can just avoid this. Go with the regular offline office suite pack. You can in your internal network create a centralized storage to keep all the files. And compare to upgrade cost on Office 2013 will be cheaper on over Office 365.

Office 2013 here is designed to work typically on Windows 8 interface. It is not necessary to go for the upgrade. And it has some cloud based service also. But it is limited while Office 365 is a complete cloud based service that allows you to edit your files from where ever you want.

Office 365 comes with additional subscription every one. It is a complete online service. Your outlook, spread sheet, etc everything works online here. It is good for a very large enterprise or for those who operate from different location. But if in your office everyone works at one place then there is no need to go for this service. You will have to choose from different set of plans here in order to get Office 365.It is not a one time purchase. The feature which you will get in Office 365 is hosted email service, web apps, file sharing, web conference, malware protection, etc. But if you do not need all this then you can ignore it. Office 2013 update will be costlier but it is one time purchase. I am having Office 365 at my office. We are group of 30 people who are using it. Here we pay $4 every month where we get unlimited user access for hosted email. There is a complete pack available which offers everything for $12.50. To some extent it is a web based service and cheaper for use. There is no need to install office suite on your pc. You can just view everything in your web browser. Even if you are having a linux system you can just view and edit files in that directly.

A free replacement for that is Google Drive. Google also offers a complete set of office suite on web for free. Like Google Spreadsheet. You can use it for creating files, edit them and share it with your friends. I think if you are looking for some cloud based service then go for Google.

Office 2010 is still good here. The most you can do is upgrade to 2013 and get some new features that's all. I will not recommend you to go for the upgrade. I am using Office 2010 from long time on my pc and it looks to be working really well. It has no issue. I am also having a group of users between 30 to 40. I had bought the license once and till yet not upgraded. Here upgrades is only effective if it is capable of boosting your productivity. Like if you are expanding your business in different location then you go for Office 365 and create a centralized location for keeping the files. Here all can edit the same and update the content on it. I think that is more beneficial while just blind upgrade is of no use. Microsoft must have a option to sell the application individually. Like Word only or Excel only so that we do not have to forcefully buy everything here. This would save a good amount of money for business users.

I agree with that. There must be options available to buy those things individually. Which is more better and effective. In my office we mostly use Excel. While for typing even notepad is not bad at all. But we have to buy the complete package for every pc. That adds more to the cost.