Thread: MS Office 2010 Pro Installation error osetup.dll

MS Office 2010 Pro Installation error osetup.dll

I am trying to install the Microsoft Office 2010 Pro on my Dell machine but I am getting an Error as "OSETUP.DLL digital signature does not validate or is not present". I have tried to search for this issue but haven't found anything on an internet. It seems like many people has this problem while installing the MS Office 2010. The error which I am getting here is as follows.
    • Verify file signature in "\ProPlus.WW\OSETUP.DLL"
    • Error: \ProPlus.WW\OSETUP.DLL is not trusted.

Re: MS Office 2010 Pro Installation error osetup.dll

I had the same problem and I resolved. Before downloading the dll Install / uninstall software or change the data in your system registry may damage your files with outdated, corrupt or harmful. You have an error message telling you that Windows osetup.dll file is missing, not found at startup, damaged, required, Office Setup Engine displays an error message that osetup.dll not found?

Actually osetup.dll is DLL file which needs to be there on the windows operating system installed on your machine in order to install any programs on your machine. Actually this file supports an operating system for installing different applications which might have got corrupted on your windows machine due to which you are facing such errors on your machine. I suggest you to reinstall the Windows Operating system which will definitely solve this problem. But before that you can use any tools that repairs the supportive files of the Windows which means repairing the registries of the windows os, That might solve your problem too! So you better try doing the same first then if it does not works for you then you have to reinstall the whole OS.

The errors on the library osetup.dll can appear in several different ways on your PC. Here are the most common messages:
    • "Osetup.dll Not Found"
    • "This application failed to start Because osetup.dll was not found. Re-installing The Application May fix this problem."
    • "Can not find [path] \ osetup.dll"
    • "The osetup.dll file is missing."
    • "Can not start [APPLICATION]. A required component is missing: osetup.dll. Please install [APPLICATION] again."

In some cases, errors osetup.dll may be due to registry problems, virus, spyware or malware or a hardware failure.
    NOTE: Boot Windows in safe mode which might not show you any such error while installing or launching any application on your windows system. You have to reboot your machine and keep on pressing the F8 key which will show Windows Booting Mode where you have to select for the Safe Mode.

There could be some virus on your machine which have harmed the DLL files of your windows operating system, I suggest you to use any latest antivirus software installed on your machine which can remove the detected viruses as well as repairs the registry of your windows machine. I am using an Avast Anti Virus which seems to be working very good on my windows machine. You may choose for the same or it depends on your choice whatever you want to use.

I ran into the same error message. I was able to successfully install simply by attaching an external DVD drive I borrowed from work and using it instead of my internal drive. I had also tried copying the disk to my hard drive, which it seemed to do correctly, but it ran into the same error message during installation. I'm running XP on a Dell XPS 720.

Quote Originally Posted by Ben6500F View Post
    I ran into the same error message. I was able to successfully install simply by attaching an external DVD drive I borrowed from work and using it instead of my internal drive. I had also tried copying the disk to my hard drive, which it seemed to do correctly, but it ran into the same error message during installation. I'm running XP on a Dell XPS 720.
    Can you try to copy the files from the CD or the DVD by following the below method:
    1. Click Start, and then click Computer.
    2. Double-click the CD drive or the DVD drive.
    3. On the Organize menu, click Select All, and then click Copy in the Organize menu.
    4. Close Windows Explorer.