Thread: Microsoft Office Product Key Replacement

Microsoft Office Product Key Replacement

I am having a Toshiba laptop that came with pre-installed Office 2007 Trial. I bought this laptop a year ago and after 2 months of it, I ordered a product key for the Full version right from the trail version’s order online option. They sent me the key in an email that I saved it in a folder on C drive. But the problem am facing now is that my system crashed suddenly yesterday and I need to restore the laptop to factory settings.

I don't have access to the order confirmation email or the product key as my computer's hard drive was formatted. I did not receive a disk as I had ordered online from the trial. It automatically converted from trial to full version when I purchased the product key online. I called Microsoft today and have been on the phone from them with four different reps for about 2hours. They told me to purchase a new product Key CD since I don't have the product key. They finally told me to call the order services number M-F during business hours. This is the number they gave me: 800-360-7561 They did not give much hope for not having to purchase a new key.

I was wondering if anyone knew how to access the order I placed with my contact information and email address, or knew of another way to replace the product key? It will be difficult to call during business hours and go through all of this again with a new rep as I work full-time during business hours. Also, I paid $89 to purchase a product key to convert the trial, and I don't want to have to pay again.If anyone has any thoughts, please let me know. Thanks for any help you can provide.

Thanks.
    Amy

Re: Microsoft Office Product Key Replacement

Thats an awful thing those customer care guys do with consumers. You had paid for the key and they will definitely have a record of yours on their servers. They just need to re-verify the key and done. What you have to do is install your office and then insert the key and then activate the same online. This is the only process. For an upgrade you had receive an upgrade license for the same. You must send a mail or sent a written complain for the same.