Thread: Error 25004 Config.XML is not specified

Error 25004 Config.XML is not specified

Mentioned in the title is the error am getting on my Office 2007. It is my Windows 7 desktop came with Office 2003 loaded last year. Couple of days ago I bought Office 2007, un-installed earlier version and did fresh install of office 2007. Now since then whenever I am trying to open any office program it gives me an error stating

“Error 25004. Config.Xml not specified; A valid config.xml file must be authored when deploying '(null)”

I don’t have any idea how to get rid of this, can anyone help ?

Re: Error 25004 Config.XML is not specified

Download and install YourUninstaller tool. Then use this uninstall manager to remove the damaged installation of Office 2007. Remove it completely so that there should be any instances left behind. Then download and install CCleaner. After uninstalling it completely run this to clean the temporary registration of files in your system. And then run a fresh installation of Microsoft Office 2007.

This error appears when there is already a existing revision is detected in Windows. It is not removed properly due to which you are getting the error. To fix the issue first run System Restore. It will revert back the application in the system. Then go ahead with the removal. Later on you can download and install CCleaner in your system. This is a cleaner software which will wipe out unwanted registry keys from the system. Sometime damage keys are also responsible for this kind of errors. So just go ahead with the process I had told you to do and then post back if you have any more issues.

There are two ways through which you can get rid of this issue. First you can try using the fix provided in the below link. This fix allows you to get rid off office installation errors. You can just run the fix and get rid of the problem. The second thing you can do is download and install a good uninstaller software in your system. Before installing this tool run system restore so that you can put your system back on the old state. Then run the uninstaller software to remove office. This will clean the system and wipe out unwanted files also.

Office Office by Microsoft Fix