Thread: Installing Business Contact Manager error - Primary Interop Assemb

Installing Business Contact Manager error - Primary Interop Assemb

I am having two PCs at home running with Windows XP Pro and Vista Ultimate. I’m using Business Contact Manager since long time on my XP computer but when I tried to install the same today on Vista, it fails with an error stating “Setup failed to install required component Primary InteropAssembly”

Already tried various times but yet the same result. Somebody please help me out with this. Thank you.

Which version of Office are you using? Also did you install Windows updates? If not install all updates you get about office it, it may fix the problem.

In addition, afaik BCM error occurs when you had earlier version of office installed on your system and dint removed it (office) plus earlier BCM before installing the new one. If this is the case, uninstall your office again now, also remove BCM. Run disk cleanup and re-install office. This time it should not give you any problem.

Re: Installing Business Contact Manager error - Primary Interop Assemb

Couple of months ago even I came through this error and after long workout and researches finally I came to know that couldn't find the Primary Interop Assembly file. Anyway I managed to get it fix for the same. When you start the installation of BCM 2007 it creates a temporary folder in the root of your C drive. Hence before clicking next simply go to that temp folder and rename "piaredist" to "o2007pia". That’s’s it. Now click next and you wont be getting error any more.

Re: Installing Business Contact Manager error - Primary Interop Assemb

If you are using vista operating system and trying to install and use BCM then you will need any older / earlier frame work of .net. That is the latest .net frame work will not work in this case. Also, if you need the latest .net framework for some other software and even the older framework, the good news is you can install both the version of the framework. But be careful if you are installing both the version you will have the specify two different locations for it.