Thread: VLK Serial For Office 2007

VLK Serial For Office 2007

I am working for a company that is a Microsoft Certified partner that provides us number of License for internal use. Now am trying to figure out how I can avoid activation using a VLK (Volume License Key) while Office 2007 install. After lot of research I finally figured out two ways to do the same but seem like none of them worked for me. At first, I found several VLK keys that I got in the Certified Partner benefits. But it doesn’t seems to be working because even after entering the VLK it requires activation after installation.

Secondly I found VLK and Retail serials in MSDN subscriber’s product key section. But there was a note written "Use this key for installing and using Office 2007 applications within a Terminal Services environment." Now the problem is I wanted to use these keys for installing Office for internal use. But as per the note, I should install it within a terminal server. Please help.

Re: VLK Serial For Office 2007

I had read about similar situation for Windows activation stuffs. According to sources Microsoft has launched a new technology Volume Activation 2.0 for Windows Vista and Windows Server 2008 that will automate and manage the activation process with keys issued for Windows XP and Windows Server 2003 while addressing the piracy and product key management problems. But am not sure whether it is only restricted to windows or will work in Office as well.

Re: VLK Serial For Office 2007

Thanks for the help buddy. I know about the Volume Activation 2.0 technology that provides Multiple Activation Key (MAK) and Key Management Service (KMS) but that is not useful for me as it don’t work for Office. Also as I said above, I just wanted to know whether I’ll be able to use the VLK I am already aving for my internal use install or it is mandatory to use it within internal server as per the MSDN notes.