Thread: How to get product key for a free version of Office 2007 Home and student

How to get product key for a free version of Office 2007 Home and student

My elder brother bought me a HP from laptop USA 3 months ago. By default I got Office 2007 Home and Student edition that is actually a free version. By word free I mean we don’t need to activate it. But now don’t know what went wrong it stopped working and asking me for product key. I asked my brother he said HP dint provided any product key for Office along with this laptop.

What should I do now ?

re: How to get product key for a free version of Office 2007 Home and student

Your Office 2007 stopped working exactly after 90 days and asking for password, than how can you say it was free version ? Dude, it was a Trail edition for 90 days that is now expired and you will need to purchase the key. But before doing that will suggest you to call HP customer support and ask them for the key if it was full or free version. And if they said it was not free, than you better contact with Microsoft and buy the key for your office.

Or better buy a new office, whichever edition you want, uninstall the trial completely from your system, reboot the laptop and than install the one you bought.

re: How to get product key for a free version of Office 2007 Home and student

I have heard first time Microsoft had made any free edition of MS Office as well. Or it would be HP selling it for free. :P

As far as i know there is no free office product available in the market unless you downloading any pirated software from web.