Thread: How much time does Sony Service center takes to fix a dvd of laptop

How much time does Sony Service center takes to fix a dvd of laptop

I bought a Sony vaio laptop in the month of July 2014. It is under warranty. When I take he laptop to the service center the technician there told that it is out of warranty as he is not able to find the serial key on Sony site. The serial number of laptop was printed on the bill and still he said he is unable to see that. I gave my laptop three days back and today I got call that they will take another 4 days to add a new part. I mailed to Sony. They had not given any feedback. Can anyone tell me how much time does a authorize Sony Service Center need to fix a optical drive. I had given the laptop to Malad East center Krish Electronics.

Re: How much time does Sony Service center takes to fix a dvd of laptop

That is was bad actually. You must drop a email to the service head of Sony regarding the issue. I think the Service Center is taking too long time. The best thing you can do is call the customer care and ask them about the problem. And if they says that they are going to take weeks to fix a optical drive then you cannot do anything. You have to wait. For the service thing you can also directly launch a complain on the Sony site regarding the warranty issue. They will send you instant feedback.

Yes call on the costume care and ask them why the service center is taking so long time. They will give you proper answer. Sometime it happens that they don't have a part and they order and wait for the delivery. If that is the issue then you have to wait. While sometime the service center people are lazy. I had been to the Malad East Service center they have poor support. The technician there behave rudely for laptop services.I had also launched a complain long back but never got a feedback on it.

I think it will not take a long time because company on provide on site services for their customers....

Depending upon the model of the laptop; the service centers don't always have ALL the parts on hand and have to order the parts from their suppliers. With that said.... you expect they would advise you what parts are needed, when to expect the laptop and whether the repairs are on hold until the parts arrive. That would be good customer service...... Since they service center is not keeping you informed; you need to be proactive and call them every few days until they give you a satisfactory answer and date of repair.