Thread: How to properly dispose all CD that has important data

How to properly dispose all CD that has important data

My father gave me some really cd's. All of this are having old videos of my childhood. I had copied them in my pc and now I do not want it. I want some ways to dispose it properly. I do not want anyone to access those information. Does breaking them will do the job. Or should I throw them in the garbage just like that. Is there any other better way available.

Re: How to properly dispose all CD that has important data

I think those cd's must be kept in aside only my bunch of cd's also here in my house aside with this type of confusion only.

Yes just break them all. That's all. Once you broke them no one can insert them in a optical drive.I had disposed a number of disc by breaking them and then throw them in the garbage. Do not throw just like that, break them.

There are certain solution available. But that can be costly. Do you paper shredder. It is a lightweight portable system which is commonly used in offices. It is for disposing important paper. There is a heavy duty version also available in the market. Which is used in industry. This heavy duty shredder are capable of breaking out anything into pieces. And you just have to buy a reasonable one. You do not really need a costly one. The one that I found on Amazon came for $144.99. In this you can add CD/DVD and simply crush them into tiny pieces which is almost unrecoverable. This are ideal for office where confidential information can be risky.The same shredder is also capable of destroying credit cards, staples, etc. You require this tool to destroy all your confidential information. While you can break them also. But still data remains on it. Shredding them is the only best option.

I think a portable version of Heavy Duty Shredder is also available in the market. You can buy that one which will be another cheaper way of dealing with confidential data. Some paper shredder are enough strong to cut anything.