Thread: Mark Zuckerberg launches Internet.org to connect entire world on Internet

Mark Zuckerberg launches Internet.org to connect entire world on Internet

Most of the people around the world today know who is Mark Zuckerberg. He is the one who made the Social Networking giant, Facebook that connects about 2.7 billion people around the globe today. According Mark, this stat is just about one third of the total population of the world which means still over 5 billion people are left to connect, may be because of un-affordable or unreachable Internet access. Hence, today he made a post on his Facebook Wall, have a look:

As obviously the goal is too big, facebook or Mark cannot do it alone. Hence, 6 top tech companies of the world has joined with Facebook to achieve this nearly impossible goal. They even launched a website named internet.org to get the required support from all over the world:

I appreciate this stuff, Mark Zuckerberg !

Re: Mark Zuckerberg launches Internet.org to connect entire world on Internet

Can anyone please explain me how is it going to help us? I mean, is it going to make Internet cheaper or will provide access to the areas where still there is no internet ?

Yes, one factor of starting this project is to make mobile connectivity much cheaper and affordable. Secondly, as you can see the partners list at the bottom of that page which includes Nokia, Samsung, Ericsson, Opera, etc they will make their softwares and hardwares in a way that will consume very less amount of data while using internet on phones using developing data compression tools, enhancing network capabilities to more efficiently handle data, etc. I think all these things will help us to save internet/bandwidth which can be used somewhere else. Also due to this it can be affordable for people who are still not able to afford the cost of internet.

Great job by Mark, I appreciate it.

I think you guys should watch the video provided at the top of that page. It explains everything about the site and this project.