Thread: How long do you use and shut down your computer

How long do you use and shut down your computer

I was just wondering to start this topic to know how long do you all people use and shut down your computer. You all will be having different reasons to keep your system up, which could include reasons like downloading stuffs, stress testing ram and other hardware's in your computer, etc. Apart from continously keeping the system up, there might be good reasons to shut down your system as well? So how often do you people keep running your computer and also how often do you shut down your computer and why?

Re: How long do you use and shut down your computer

Usually I will shut down my computer after it have run for 5-6 hours. But at weekends, it is always kept running all the day cause I have nothing to do but watching movies on it.

Well, I turn off my computer just before going to bed at night. I feel like, this will help wearing out of the different harwares in the system and if I am not using it while I am sleeping then there is no reason to just leave it running, right. In my previous experience I wore out one of my hard drive since I never turned it off. In the daytime I usually keep my pc for remote connecting from office.

I think that leaving computer on 24/7 will cause too much of overheating. Also, it will consume so much of electricity which will cost you heavy electricity home bills. Unless you dont have any coolers or extra fans inside the cabinet to cool down your system, it is not recommended to run the computer 24/7. I usually turn on my computer when I want to watch some movies and play games. But most of the time I just keep it turned off.

Even I turn off my computer evey night when hitting to bed. But if I am not doing anything in the day then I will shut down it as well. I believe that leaving it to stay up will just keep the fan spinning that are not meant for longer duration or else they will just make more noise after some period of time. By running the computer all day and night long you will get overheat the computer to some extent which will lose its durability for longer runs.

More than 15 hours.

Quickly but There is no significant difference between shutting your computer off completely and putting it into hibernation.

I use computer 3 or 4 hours daily and then I turn it off.

I'm on for bout 5 hours. Shut it off once I'm done unless I'm using it to play some radio station.