Thread: Rank your ebook reader on the basis of points below 10

Rank your ebook reader on the basis of points below 10

Friends I am just starting this thread for you all to rank your ebook reader on the basis of points below 10. Just mention the reason for the points that you might be raising for your ebook reader. I am having a Amazon Kindle Touch and am ranking it for 9 considering its long battery life, easy to use functionality, its weight, free books and not the least its cost. Anyone taking part in this will be appreciated.

Re: Rank your ebook reader on the basis of points below 10

I don’t think I need to say anything about Amazon Kindle 4th-gen, it really deserves 10 out of 10 guys. It is the best ebook reader I have come across, it’s quite light and portable, its eco friendly, and it delivers better specification at is price compared to ebook readers. It has a good storage, faster page turning capability, Great screen, excellent software and more.

There are a whole lot of things that I can count but I don’t think there is a need to describe all. anyways if anyone feels that it is not worth 10 out of 10 then please let me know but with a reason for the same.

I agree upon Kindle Touch its worth to rank it with 9 out of 10, it is the best ebook reader according to me. I don’t think that there is any other ebook reader providing the specs at such a decent price. I also wanted to add that Amazon Kindle Touch has been at the top in list of best ebook readers. Currently I am having Nook Tablet and I will rank it with 9 points as per its Design, Content, Memory/Battery Life and Features.

Amazon Kindle 3 – 9/10
    For the below specs that it is delivering:
    Resolution: 600x800
    Gray scale levels: 16
    Supported formats: PDF, Mobi, HTML, TXT, DOC, PRC, JPG, GIF, PNG, BMP
    Features: Integrated dictionary, Web browser, Supports books in multiple languages, Music player
    USB version: 2.0
    Wi-Fi: Yes (802.11b, 802.11g)
    Audio out: 3.5mm
    Keyboard: Hardware QWERTY

I am having Sony Reader Wi-Fi (PRS-T1) and I will rate it with 8 out of 10. The reason I have rated 8 is because of its excellent contrast, slim design, Attractive font choices, ePub support and its support for memory card. I have been using it from 6 months and it is just working fine as always, I hardy had any issues with it, it think that it is an alternate for B&N Nook Touch as well as Amazon Kindle Touch as far as the price is considered. Sony Reader Wi-Fi comes for $129 where as B&N Nook Touch and Amazon Kindle Touch are almost $50 costlier that it.

I have used Kobo eReader and I think that even it deserves 8 out 0f 10, I think it is one of the cheapest ebook reader to deliver the below specification:

• File Formats Supported: EPUB, PNG, CBZ, PDF, JPEG, HTML, GIF, CBR
    • Built-In Memory Storage Capacity: 2GB
    • Display Features: 6" E-Ink Display
    • Display Size: 6.0
    • Maximum Resolution: 600 x 800
    • Wired Connectivity: USB 2.0
    • Wireless Standard: IEEE 802.11b/g/n
    • Input Type: USB
    • Output Type: USB, MicroSD Card Slot
    • Includes: USB 2.0 Cable
    • Power Source: USB-powered
    • Battery Charge Life: Up to 1 Month
    • Dimensions: 16

Features:
    Memory Expansion Slot
    E- Reader Sync
    Internet Browser
    Wireless
    Auto Shutoff
    Auto Scroll, Dictionary

I have recently bought Prestigio PER5162B/W and I will rate is as 9 out of 10, it has a good battery life like others mentioned here and it is 6in1= eBook + Audio + Picture + Internet + Radio + Dictionary. It comes with WIFI, Built-in stereo speakers, 2GB built-in memory and G-sensor. It supports the below formats accordingly:
    • eBook Formats - PDF & EPUB (with Adobe DRM),FB2, CHM, MOBI, TXT, RTF, HTM, HTML, PDB, DJVU, DJV, DOC, XLS, PPT, ZIP and RAR
    • Audio Formats - WMA, OGG, WAV
    • Picture Formats - JPG, BMP, GIF, PNG, TIFF