Thread: Windows Store blocked in Iran?

Windows Store blocked in Iran?

I live in Iran and I want to ask this question with you all if the windows store has been blocked in Iran or what? Well I have heard about the windows phone market being blocked but what about the others? So are their new polices implemented by the Microsoft or is it something else only. Will the Iranian people be able to access the windows store? I want some replies on this.

Re: Windows Store blocked in Iran?

Quote Originally Posted by BSOD.K View Post
    I live in Iran and I want to ask this question with you all if the windows store has been blocked in Iran or what? Well I have heard about the windows phone market being blocked but what about the others? So are their new polices implemented by the Microsoft or is it something else only. Will the Iranian people be able to access the windows store? I want some replies on this.
    Hi check out the link given over here and you will get all the information about it that’s what I can say here.

Quote Originally Posted by BethanyI View Post
    Hi check out the link given over here and you will get all the information about it that’s what I can say here.
    Ok I checked out the list but did not find iran in t he list. When we don’t get the feature of using the new features of windows 8 or trying out the new metro styled apps then there is no use of giving a try for the windows 8. I just don’t understand why the name of iran is removed from the list, why Microsoft is being so partial for not granting this availability of Microsoft store to the Iranian people. If many of them don’t know then let me tell you like there are lots of Iranian people who are a big fan of the Microsoft products and after hearing about their decisions I am sure there would be a lot of them would be disappointed by this move.

Quote Originally Posted by BSOD.K View Post
    Ok I checked out the list but did not find iran in t he list. When we don’t get the feature of using the new features of windows 8 or trying out the new metro styled apps then there is no use of giving a try for the windows 8. I just don’t understand why the name of iran is removed from the list, why Microsoft is being so partial for not granting this availability of Microsoft store to the Iranian people. If many of them don’t know then let me tell you like there are lots of Iranian people who are a big fan of the Microsoft products and after hearing about their decisions I am sure there would be a lot of them would be disappointed by this move.
    Well you may never know. In the first line of the link it is clearly given there that the information is preliminary and it subjected to change. There might be some US Export Compliance issue with the iran that’s why the Microsoft has decided to go against it. don’t know how much truth is there in it.