Thread: What are cyber laws in India

What are cyber laws in India

Hello guys. My friends use star local broadband connection which helps in getting bandwidth from pacenet. They generally spoof the mac address and eventually get high speeds. Just yesterday, they were caught by some people from pacenet and the internet person. Now, they are required to pay a high amount and also their laptops have been confiscated. Now, can someone tell me about the cyber laws in INDIA, as I feel they did not cheat but just spoofed . Do they have to pay so much for such a thing. Please help guys it is very important.

Re: What are cyber laws in India

Hey dude, this is really a serious issue. Well, firstly, if it was your friends laptop and had been taken away without warrant, then it is not legal at all. I wish he did not give them the laptop, even though he had to fight for it aggressively. Giving the laptop should have been denied. Also, according to the article 20 (3) of the organization, you are not allowed to incriminate yourself. Also, my piece of advice will be that don’t let your friends admit anything.

Hi. According to the IT act of 2008, the penalty can be either small or big, as per the charges brought in opposition to the one who has done the crime to the one whom it concerns. Whether the laptop will be seized or your friends will be arrested will be in the hands of government body. Hacking and spoofing of the mac address and also using services which are not authorized all come at same level, hence I don’t think looking at the laws will serve the purpose.

Hi. According to me, going by the laws which I know related to cyber crimes in INDIA, this is surely a major crime. I would surely imply your friends that they better inquire about professional legal help and do not give anything on a written paper because that will surely prove their fault and it will be more shameful. They should now just deny that they did such kind of thing. Also, it seems to be a big company, so case may be filed against them .

I don’t agree to the above posts. According to me, the authority does not have any right to take any of the properties without any order from the court. I will recommend you that you should complain at the nearby police station. Also, acknowledgement counts only in front of magistrate. In addition to this, your friends have not intruded inside the providers servers and hence they have not broken any of the laws. Hence, I don’t agree to the above posts.

As per the companies reserved rights, they can take any action according to the terms and conditions of the particular company. Also, in India no law comes before money. I know this is a bit harsh and you must not have expected it but that’s the bitter truth. Also, spoofing is not a small crime at all. I guess your friends should say that there were security concerns in the system and hence the problem occurred. They may also go to jail if there is court order. It cannot be neglected surely.