Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What is product marketing?

shiv1988 Guest

Re: What is product marketing?

First off all you start promote your website online and that you can promote your product online.Because online product marketing is very good way to explore your business online.And also it is a good to interact with people's online.

florascchmid Guest

when all else fails then go back to what the older folks did in many years past. You said that it was like a "DVD Player" then I would look to see what it is going to cost me per unit to make. If I am building this in house then I have to figure the cost of labor as well as material. If this cost more that 75% of what a DVD player would cost at Best Buy then I would most likely not make it. I know that there are those that would tell you to bring it to market but remember that Sony and the rest of them have been around a long time and are known for their quaility, you are brand X after you have estabished yourself in the market place then you can think about a little bit higher price (sounds kind of like a game) If you bring a product to market as an unknown and are significantly then you are going to fail with your product.
    Last edited by Maqbool; 02-03-2011 at 11:09 AM. Reason: External Links Not Allowed, Removed The Same.

ernesstinay Guest

The prerequisites would be to be savvy with a balance of business acumen and creative capacity. Advertising is a creative role, albeit in varying degrees, whether it's account management or creative or media planning or production. However, a successful professional in this field will understand the numbers behind every thought and every implementation. Another important prerequisite is that you have to be a people-driven person and love interacting and building relationships with people. This goes far beyond just being able to deal with clients; this field is about building a network and using that network to progress in your career.
    Leanspa Review
    Last edited by Kunal; 08-03-2011 at 05:40 PM. Reason: External Linking is not allowed

chinnas Guest

You can post your products info to different types of classifieds & social media marketing, its very helpful to increase your sales..

Product marketing in a business addresses five important strategic questions:

1. What products will be offered (i.e., the breadth and depth of the product line)?
    2. Who will be the target customers (i.e., the boundaries of the market segments to be served)?
    3. How will the products reach those (i.e., the distribution channel and are there viable possibilities that create a solid business model)?
    4. At what price should the products be offered?
    5. How will customers be introduced to the products (i.e., advertising)?

Yeah! i agreed with previous asnwers bout product marketing. What did you mean that your idea was completely different?
    Just interesting)

Product marketing is concern about the first of the "7P"'s of marketing. These are Product, Pricing, Place, and Promotion, Packaging, Positioning and People. It is something which is referred to when pitching a latest product to common public. The people whom you are making the product appeal to is the consumer market.

jeerypiker Guest

It is essential to have a product marketing strategy. Every business starts with a plan. It can refer to any product that is sold on the Internet or it can refer to products that can only be sold online, such as digital products.

Ha.
    I'm studing in university now.
    Our teacher said that product marketing is based on 4P: price, product, people and promotion
    -)

robertwells Guest

The definition of Product Marketing and even slightly changed dramatically within each company. Then loosely describes the scope of work. In larger companies comprising only one or two of these functions. In smaller firms are all these features and more often.

classifieds1989 Guest

Product marketing deals with the first of the "4P"'s of marketing, which are Product, Pricing, Place, and Promotion.

Product marketing deals with the first of the "4P"'s of marketing, which are Product, Pricing, Place, and Promotion.
    Here you bit wrong. Product marketing deals with the first of the "7P"'s of marketing that are Product, Pricing, Place, and Promotion, Packaging, Positioning and People.

jeniferose1 Guest

Product marketing means to represent our product to a public for sales. We have to do marketing for product, tell consumers about the product feature. For product marketing w require a good communication skill.

mathaki Guest

Product marketing, as opposed to product management, deals with more outbound marketing tasks. For example, product management deals with the nuts and bolts of product development within a firm, whereas product marketing deals with marketing the product to prospects, customers, and others. Product marketing, as a job function within a firm, also differs from other marketing jobs such as marketing communications ("marcom"), online marketing, advertising, marketing strategy, public relations

taniasharma Guest

The definition of Product Marketing changes slightly and even drastically within each the company. In larger companies it encompasses only one or two of these functions. In smaller companies it is all these functions and often more. In start-ups it is all this, Marketing Communications like public relations, advertising, collateral production, trade shows.. etc and other functions such as product quality assurance, documentation and, in the case of one of my raw start-up jobs, delivering the mail.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12