Thread: What is safest way to ship a computer?

What is safest way to ship a computer?

Hi Friends!!!
    I want to ship a computer to my friends place. This is second time for me; first one I send to him got damaged and FedEx refunded me my money. I want this PC to transfer from Pennsylvania to California. And this time I don’t want any damage to occur. Can anyone tell me the safest possible way to ship the computer?

And also I was thinking to use Antec300 case. If anyone has a better suggestion for case to use please feel free to let me know.

Re: What is safest way to ship a computer?

If I want to ship a computer to some other place then I would not ship it all built. You should disassemble it and then ship it to any place. According to me disassembling will be safest way to ship the PC. Even if you are shipping it by air then also it has to carry by truck from one point to another. This may damage your PC.

My suggestion to you is to pack it really well and send it ups. And before sending please don’t forget to make right amount of insurance. This will provide you security if by mistake your PC get damaged. Don’t use the post office to ship it; they handle big boxes very badly. Ups will be the best option for you. If you want to pay the fee you can directly go to ups store and they will pack your PC very nicely with bubble wrap and stuff. They are really helpful.

If I would be at your place I would remove CPU cooler and GPU’s. And let the other parts built, because these are the most delicate parts which may get damaged. So ship other parts built in a big box without any fear and other parts with a special care.

You can buy a retail case and build a computer and put it back in the same box in which the case came. There will be no issue. Companies like dell, hp, Sony, etc…ship PC’s and laptop in the same box without any issue. I don’t think there will be any problem. But just for safety reason, get insurance of it.

There is no need to put peanuts in the case. And there is also no need to remove gpu and coolers. Just think about dell computers, they ships their computer to people every day and 99% of them have not got any problem. They are getting a good package. They already have a good outer package, you don’t have to worry about the packaging.

kathleenp980 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Baani View Post
    There is no need to put peanuts in the case. And there is also no need to remove gpu and coolers. Just think about dell computers, they ships their computer to people every day and 99% of them have not got any problem. They are getting a good package. They already have a good outer package, you don’t have to worry about the packaging.
    Can you give some more samples? How great your info is! It really useful for me. Thanks.
    It's so great. Thanks a lots.

If you have the STOCK heatsink, I would suggest you to remove that before shipping and if you have some super-light single-slot GPU, I would suggest you to remove I too. Generally, anything that is not screwed sown solidly should be removed before shipping. Basically the GPU and heatsink. Other things like DVD drive; Mobo etc may not be removed. And just for the safety purpose you can remove HDD but that’s up to you.