Thread: What is Bulletin board system?

What is Bulletin board system?

Hi,
    Can anyone tell me what is bulletin board system, I heard about the bulletined board this is in news, but what is Bulletin board system, if this is a new technology or something new application, can anyone tell me something how it works. In early 1990 there was this system accessed only over a phone line using a modem.

Re: What is Bulletin board system?

I think there is lots of information on the internet, A Bulletin Board System, or BBS, is a computer system running software that allows users to connect and log in to the system using servers. This application has some feature likes upload and download the software’s and download the data, best feature of this application is reading news and bulletins and also we can use this application as an instant messenger. We can also send a emails or in public message. Many BBSes are offer for playing online games.
    Patience is a virtue

Yes this is true in the early 1990s BBSes were accessed only over a phone line. But since we can use the BBSes via a Telnet, packet switched network, or packet radio connection. Currently we found this BBSes in entrances of supermarkets, schools, libraries or other public areas where people can post messages, advertisements, or community news. Mostly this is use for displaying news and bulletins. This is a computer system or its software.
    Dimension 1100 (FMY032J) mini-tower
    2.53ghz Intel Pentium 4
    80 gig nfts HDD
    512 RAM
    Main circuit board: Dell 0CF458
    BIOS: Dell A00
    Display: Intel(R) 82865G Graphics Controller [Display adaptor]
    Multimedia: Sound MAX Integrated Digital Audio
    Windows XP Home SP2

When it comes in market that time BBSes had a dialer facility, it’s connected with the local phone line and if any to call long distance they he has to pay some amount for BBS out of the local call area. But most of the people use its in local area and this is very use full in that time. But when Internet comes that time BBS goes rapidly in faded in popularity. Now BBS is use only for display the messages.

Some BBSes are comes with the some different names called "elite boards" or "warez boards". There is some BBSes are give uploading and downloading the files but only one time this BBSes had multiple modems and phone lines. The largest elite boards accepted users by invitation only. Elite boards also spawned their own subculture and gave rise to the slang known today as leetspeak. There is some other types of board are available it’s called Support BBS. It’s run using the computer software.