Thread: Cable filters and if anyone has used one before?

NetTalk Guest

question Cable filters and if anyone has used one before?

Cable filters and if anyone has used one before?

Re: Cable filters and if anyone has used one before?

What do you mean by cable filters. What is a cable filter? Where are you using it & for what?

you cant use it and a filter only blocks channels.The digital filter descrambles the billing signal that your receiver box tries to send to your cable company.This digital cable filter stops anything lower than 54mhz from leaving your receiver. In effect, you will be able to test your pay per view features without being billed. It's your responsibility to call them to let them know which ones you watched since they will never know you watched it. Save money with a digital cable filter.
    Dimension 1100 (FMY032J) mini-tower
    2.53ghz Intel Pentium 4
    80 gig nfts HDD
    512 RAM
    Main circuit board: Dell 0CF458
    BIOS: Dell A00
    Display: Intel(R) 82865G Graphics Controller [Display adaptor]
    Multimedia: Sound MAX Integrated Digital Audio
    Windows XP Home SP2

ThumbsUp Re: Cable filters and if anyone has used one before?

Just finished reading some threads/posts so I decided to go ahead and post my experience. Just a little over 8 months ago now, literally the day before my second daughter was delivered, my oldest boy came into my office/dining room (no jokes please) with a grin like the Grinch on his face. He wanted me to buy one of those digital filters. He always has me paying $50 for his wrestling WWF stuff and I've also been known to watch a good boxing match every once in a while. Long story short, I got one of those cable filters for my Motorola DVR box in the living room WITHOUT, telling the kids or the old lady . I still make the kids ask to order stuff but when the bill comes there's no sign of anything, heh. Every month I squeeze about 30 PPV's out of it without having to clear the memory on the box. If I only order like 20-25 ppvs in a month, then I don't need to clear the box because it clears on its own every 30 days. I figured if it didn't work I'd just get my money back since they have like a year guarantee or somethin like that (had to check my bookmarks.

BTW, does anyone know what the Cablecard slot does?. I've never seen anyone who used theirs and I don't understand what it would be used for. Is it for the cable guy when it's being installed or something?

Thanks and God bless!

L. MacArthur
    Last edited by dr.nil; 17-11-2009 at 02:53 AM. Reason: No External Links are Allowed !!!

noltyx Guest

hm... I dont...