Thread: How to delete a digital channel

How to delete a digital channel

Hello every one,
    Just decided to delete some channels,because i am having a digital channel 8.1 in Knoxville TN,on the other hand a digital channel 8.1 in Atlanta.i would like to delete the one in Knoxville I can add the one in Atlanta using add missing channels.but not able to find any MCE to delete it.so here i need help from your end..

expecting a rampant reply
    thanks in advance.!!!

Re: How to delete a digital channel

Yes, you can do it with some simple changes on your settings/guide,you got the option to select or hide the channels.Wouldn't it be great if we could do that From the guide position yourself on the channel number and press information on remote. You can then select hide channel.

The file contains all of the channel information that you have manually added to the system, is at windows,so just access this file
    C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\ApplicationData\Microsoft\eHomeEPG\prefs\atscprefs.xml
    This file may not genuinely exist on your computer it is only created by MCE when you manually add a missing channel. It is not updated by the guide, so this is where we want to make our tweaks.

One of the advanced settings cease the auto addition of new channels if choose on a channel with the same wave length. but if you remove the channels they will come back again if they are still on the tp once you rescan the satellite or frequency.One of the things I miss is that I can select the all subs guide and eliminate the channels I do not subscribe too, even with the all channels guide, the channels were color coded, red if you did not sub and blue if you did, this was also a nice feature.