Thread: How long does it take to transfer money from US to India?

How long does it take to transfer money from US to India?

How long does it take to transfer money from US to India?

Re: How long does it take to transfer money from US to India?

You can send money through ICICI bank. Generally, when you have an account in ICICI and your father also has an account in that same account then you can send money within one day.

Otherwise, you can send money through wire transwer. However it takes 3-4 days to reach your father.For wire transwer, bank useually charge you some money. But when you use ICICI bank they don't take any money for the service.

Use western union. They will charge some 15 dollars on per 1000 dollars to send to India. The duration is around 12 hrs. Because if some one sends money in USA in afternoon then in India it is night. So the very next day you can have the money. You will need to submit a ID proof of name on which the money came. Western Union branches are available all over mumbai.

Distance no longer matters in transferring money now a days, i think. You can transfer money within a seconds from same bank's account to account via online banking. It is much safe and secure. Talk to your banker for the same.

There are different Money Transfer agencies. Money transfer agencies provide a speedy way for people to get money quickly, online or at a money transfer branch. With thousands of locations in hundreds of villages and cities, you're sure to find one close to you.

The Money Transfer process is very simple. You can log in from the comfort of your office or home, and complete the transaction with some added security checks. The money is delivered directly to the door of your beneficiary via a locally payable Demand Draft or it is directly credited into the account in India.

Paypal can be the best Or like Amol21 said you can create a ICICI bank a/c because it will charge you very less amount for funds transfer

Alright so u heard about Citibank online money remittance. Ok. Go for it. Its reliable i guess, though i haven't used the service but my fren gets money through citibank from the US. His sister stays in the US and uses the same service. I wish i had a sister who stays in the US and sends me money. he he. Ne ways check this out, hope it helps.
    Last edited by Yashk; 19-06-2009 at 04:23 PM. Reason: External links removed

jalanbk Guest

mostly in 3-4 business days .. These days with EFT used everywhere is it getting very fast