Thread: getting rid of istart123 virus

getting rid of istart123 virus

I dont know how this istart123 virus got into my computer and I am not able to uninstall or remove it from my pc because when I am scanning through the Microsoft Security Essentials antivirus, then it is not getting detected at all. I have tried to search for a solution only but cannot find much details about how to remove it. This malware is hijacking all the internet browsers in my pc such as Internet Explorer, Google Chrome and Firefox. If anyone has any idea how to remove this then please let me know. Thanks

Re: getting rid of istart123 virus

I would recommend you to download a tool called AdwCleaner which is a free software that will allow you to make a good system cleaning in your PC and make it faster and optimize its performance. This is a very handy tool that allows you to remove unwanted programs. You can actually remove adware from your computer, unwanted programs, and the toolbar hijacker which diverts the start page with this program.

There is another program Hitman Pro which can be used to remove the hijacker. It is an anti-spyware software which includes automatic and simultaneous use of multiple anti-spyware program such as Spybot - Search & Destroy or Ad-Aware from Lavasoft. Hitman Pro is fully automated. After starting the scan, the software automatically installs the anti-spyware with the selected options, updates and checks the entire hard disk and compressed files for any malware presence and then removes it swiftly.

The best program to remove such type of virus is Malwarebytes Antimalware. After careful analysis of your hard drive, Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware displays the infected items after the scanning is completed and you can correct it by removing or putting them in quarantine. Very easy to use, Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware is proving attractive to ensure the health of your computer. Do not forget to make an online update before you scan your computer with this tools to get the latest virus definitions stored in your computer.