Thread: How to remove .lnk malware

How to remove .lnk malware

I dont know how this .Ink virus files has infected my computer and when I am trying to remove it from Windows Defender then it wont get recognized at all. I have also tried different malware security programs but nothing seems to be working for me. This virus will create shortcuts of all softwares installed in my computer and also hides the installed program names in Control Panel. I cant even uninstall any program. Please help me to get rid of this problem. Thanks

ThumbsUp Re: How to remove .lnk malware

Hi,

Fix .lnk file association on Windows 7
    Go to Start – “Control Panel” – Click on “Default Programs” - Click on “Associate a file type or protocol with a program.”

to open the “Set Associations” menu. - Scroll through the list of extensions to locate the .lnk file extension.

- The listing will show the description and the current default program associated with it. - Click on the extension (to select it) and then click on “Change Program.”

- Select the program you would like to open *.lnk file types. - Click on OK.

Re: How to remove .lnk malware

I would suggest you to download Kaspersky Virus Removal Tool 2015 and run a scan with it on your computer. First of all run the same program. Click the Start scan button. Wait until the scan is complete. If any threats are detected during the scan, a notification with a request for action will be displayed. To view the scan details, click the details link. To exit Kaspersky Virus Removal Tool 2015, click the Close button or the cross button in the upper-right corner of the utility window. More information is given here - http://support.kaspersky.com/8528

I would suggest you to download Hitman Pro program. It is an anti-spyware software which includes automatic and simultaneous use of multiple anti-spyware known as Spybot - Search & Destroy or Ad-Aware from Lavasoft. Hitman Pro is fully automated. After starting the scan, the software automatically installs the anti-spyware that you can select from the options, update and check the entire hard disk and compressed files for any malware presence.

The best tool to use would be Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware. It will detect and remove viruses, worms, trojans, rootkits, dialers and other spyware of all kinds of unwanted programs. Simple to use and effective, Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware is a valuable ally in the fight against malware. It has a protection module in real time based on advanced heuristics technology. This specific module of Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware monitors the process and stops malicious programs before they start.