Thread: What is RealSense and where it is used

What is RealSense and where it is used

I just found that Intel is working on some kind of new technology called as RealSense. I am quiet not able to figure out what it is and where it will be used. And recently Intel just announced a new processor Curie. It is a mobile processor so most probably Intel will be using it on their netbooks. Will this cpu work on smartphones also. Intel is not having any mobile model. And after very long time Intel Atom based processor are optimized to work with mobile phone. So I does Intel is planing to start a new cpu unit for portable devices.

Re: What is RealSense and where it is used

Intel has just announced Curie. It is a new mobile processor. There is very less information on the same. It is also not confirmed which devices will be first getting Curie update. Most probably this would the netbooks. Here Intel is working on bunch of new generation of technologies. And this are a few things from it. There will be more things coming out that will offer you better features. Surely Intel is working on something that can power portable devices and extend its usage. Rightnow battery optimization is the most important thing needed.

Re: What is RealSense and where it is used

RealSense is Intels's new innovation for wireless connections. This allows users to connect laptop to a monitor or keyboard or any other wireless device. A chip will come integrated on laptop circuit that will let your system to connect with many wireless device at a single time. No need to use a usb dongle. And this will also power wireless charging. Also there will be holographic screens supported by RealSense. It is a new kind of technology that can connect various devices with each other through wireless connection.