Thread: removing Vosteran search

removing Vosteran search

I dont know how this Vosteran search has been installed in my computer and now I am searching for a way to remove it. I have already run Norton Eraser and did a full scan but it cannot find anything. One of me friend also came to my house and uninstalled and reinstalled Norton, deleted many file but did not catch this malware. When I started my computer today morning then this Vosteran was still there freezing up my computer to greater extent. Is there anyway to remove this? Thanks

Re: removing Vosteran search

I think that you can try to remove this malware via Windows Uninstaller. So, first of all you will have to search for the Vostera subdirectory and check for any possibilities if any other are installed on the same date because you will have to write those as well since you need to remove or block these cookies. Go to users/username/appdata/roaming directory and there might be 3 listed with the same time and date. You just need to remove this and then all will be sorted.

Vosteran search is a browser hijacker so you will need to reset Internet Explorer settings to get rid of this malware. Follow the below steps:
    1. Close any Internet Explorer or Windows Explorer windows that are currently open.
    2. Open Internet Explorer by clicking the Start button Picture of the Start button. In the search box, type Internet Explorer, and then, in the list of results, click Internet Explorer.
    3. Click the Tools button, and then click Internet Options.
    4. Click the Advanced tab, and then click Reset.
    5. Select the Delete personal settings check box if you would like to remove browsing history, search providers, Accelerators, home pages, and InPrivate Filtering data.
    6. In the Reset Internet Explorer Settings dialog box, click Reset.
    7. When Internet Explorer finishes restoring the settings, click Close, and then click OK.
    8. Close Internet Explorer.
    9. Your changes will take effect the next time you open Internet Explorer.

More information is given here - http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/w...lorer-settings

I would suggest you to download AdwCleaner which is effective software to remove toolbars, spyware, adware and our computer malware from our pc. Adwcleaner is the perfect tool to remove all the nuisance from our system such as Ask toolbar, Babylon, snap.do, browser hijackers, PUB.bProtector, Qvo6MyStart and a long list of malwares. As a bonus, this security program is free. Hope this helps you out.