Thread: removing heur.ffd(link) virus

removing heur.ffd(link) virus

I am running Windows 7 on my computer and recently I connected my usb drive to my pc. It was given to me by my friend. When I went through the usb drive's folder then all files were displaying as links. So, I scanned the drive with antivirus and some viruses were also found with the name called Heur.FFD(Link). So, now I am looking for a way to remove all this virus from my flash drive without formatting it. Will it be possible?

Re: removing heur.ffd(link) virus

I will suggest you to download a tool called AutorunExterminator by searching it on google and save it on your desktop. After that connect the usb flash drive in your system and then double click the AutorunExterminator. It will start removing the autorun.inf files from your usb drive and also from the other drives. After that open CMD in admin mode and then assuming your pen drive letter is E then type the below command:
    attrib -h -r -s /s /d e:\*.*

After that press Enter and then check your files in the usd drive whether its alright.

I would suggest you to download Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware which will allow you to fight against malware, spyware, spam and trojans. You can do a quick search or advanced quarantine for pests detected items to delete them. Complete and heuristic analysis scrutinizes your documents, your registry and system files. The malware signature database is updated regularly for optimum protection. Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware allows you to edit a detailed report at the end of each scan.

You can try to disable or enable all Autorun features in your Windows 7 system. To disable or enable Autorun automatically, click the appropriate Fix this problem link. Then, click Run in the File Download dialog box and follow the steps in this wizard. Here is the link that you need to visit - http://support.microsoft.com/kb/967715