Thread: Belkin router keeps on resetting itself

Belkin router keeps on resetting itself

I have a old Belkin router at my grand parents house. They had called me last week to fix the problem they are facing. I did that and it was working fine. But now they called me back and said the internet is not working. I went in the router settings and found that the router is loosing all the settings. I manually configured that but the issue is again the same. I want to know what is the reason behind this. Is it possible that the router keeps resetting itself. It is not saving any of my settings. I am having a ADSL connection. What should I do to make this thing work.

Re: Belkin router keeps on resetting itself

If the router has a firmware problem then you might face issue. You can go ahead and update the firmware from the official site. Just run that and done. It will start working properly. You can use the router more effectively and your settings wont be wiped out automatically. If this is still happening then you have to replace the router. You can test once by resetting it to factory settings and then update the firmware. And then try back. Most of the issues will get resolved once you had done with updating the router firmware.

Well this can also be some kind of malware problem in your system. You have to check that first. Just use a good antivirus scanner and test it. And then see what you can find. There are some virus which can do this. So you have to just find that first. Try connecting the router sometime to some other pc and test back. If it works well then I am quiet sure the issue is with your pc. You have to see all incoming and outgoing connections. There are data packet analyzer software that can give you a bit more details about the same.

It is a common problem with old router. First you must try finding out the virus details as mentioned above. Because there are certain malwares which can cause the issue. But after removing the same the problem will get fixed. So here you must first try updating the firmware of your system. Which might help you a lot. After when you done with the same then test it. If still the settings are lost on its own then it means the router is damage and will not function.Try buying a new one. Go for a modem router. That would be a better choice.

Router problems are quiet annoying and difficult to fix.So here you have to start working on the firmware part as mentioned above. Because that is the easiest way to reset the settings. If that is not helping then surely means the router is damage. Factory settings do most of the things. It is good to go with a new router. Because that will be a time saver thing. So here just try finding out a budget router which might help and if you are having a basic usage the you can also go with an usb dongle. That offer you a decent wifi range at your home or office.