Thread: how to get rid of AnyProtect TrayIcon.exe

how to get rid of AnyProtect TrayIcon.exe

I am running Windows 8 on my computer. Whenever I am opening Firefox browser then this AnyProtect comes up everytime. I have already searched in Control Panel but am unable to find this AnyProtect for uninstalling purpose. It will just not go away. I also get pop-up that says connection error - please check your internet connection and press ok. I just want to get rid of this as quickly as possible. Can anyone please help me out. Thanks

Re: how to get rid of AnyProtect TrayIcon.exe

I would suggest you to download Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware software. It will detect and remove these unwanted programs. Simple to use and effective, Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware is a valuable ally in the fight against malware. It has a protection module in real time based on advanced heuristics technology. This specific module of Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware monitors the process and stops malicious programs before they start.

You can also download and install a tool called AdwCleaner that removes all kinds of adwares from your pc. AdwCleaner is one of software that must be executed first if want to find on your systems some abnormal behaviors such as browser redirection of web pages or the loading of unknown search engines and components that tend to weigh down the system. Once scanned, AdwCleaner takes charge of eliminating all toolbars suspected or known to be hazardous by the Windows system.

Try to perform a clean boot and see if that works. Swipe in from the right edge of the screen, and then tap Search. Or, if you are using a mouse, point to the lower-right corner of the screen, and then click Search. Type msconfig in the search box, and then tap or click msconfig. On the Services tab of the System Configuration dialog box, tap or click to select the Hide all Microsoft services check box, and then tap or click Disable all. On the Startup tab of the System Configuration dialog box, tap or click Open Task Manager. On the Startup tab in Task Manager, for each startup item, select the item and then click Disable. Close Task Manager. On the Startup tab of the System Configuration dialog box, tap or click OK, and then restart the computer.

Source: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929135