Thread: Googleupdate.a3x error message

Googleupdate.a3x error message

I have recently found a virus called googleupdate.a3x in my computer. After searching for some solutions on different website to remove this malware, I was able to clean up the registry properly but still there is only one error message that pops up everytime when I boot my computer which states "Line 0 (File"C:\Google\googleupdate.a3x"). It is really annoying to get this error message at every boot, so if anyone has any idea how to remove this then please let me know. Thanks

Re: Googleupdate.a3x error message

It seems that your computer is infected by a malware called Verecno. You can follow my given method ahead to solve this issue. First of all press the Windows+R button on your keyboard and then type regedit and press Enter. After that press ctrl+f and type googleupdate.ink and press Find button. Now, windows will try to search the whole registry and show this entries - HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run and HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run. Just try to delete this both path and hit find to search for next same entries. Also search for googleupdate.a3x, autoit3.exe and windowsupdate.lnk and delete all this files.

I would advice you to download a tool called AdwCleaner by Xplode onto your desktop by searching it from google. After that close all open programs and internet browsers. Now double click on AdwCleaner.exe to run this tool and click on Scan. After that scan is completed then click on Clean. Now confirm each time with pressing ok button. At last your pc will restart automatically and then a text file will open after the restart. Just post the content of that logfile with your next reply.

Another great tool that you can use to get rid of this virus is Malwarebytes Antimalware software. It is a utility to remove all kind of spyware on your computer like malwares, worms, rootkits, dialers, etc. After careful analysis of your hard drive, Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware displays the infected items and you can correct those by removing or putting them in quarantine. Do not forget to make an online update before you scan your computer with Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware to have the latest malware definitions.