Thread: Lan driver issue on Windows 10 after a update

Lan driver issue on Windows 10 after a update

I did minor changes on Windows 10 by removing programs and a few old things. But after that the internet instantly stopped working. I went inside the network and sharing center where I am not able to find an lan adapter. It was there before. Nor there is any icon on the system tray. What can I do to make this thing work. It is not visible at all in the system tray. And I had also tried to reboot the system number of time but it is not working.

Re: Lan driver issue on Windows 10 after a update

Well it looks the lan adapter is either disabled or not detected. If there is no driver for that then go in Device Manager where you will find a hardware under unknown sources. You can just right click on that and choose to install a driver. And then you can simply restart your pc to re-install things back again. I am quiet sure that will be the easiest way. But if it is still not detected then it means it is some kind of hardware failure. You have to check the motherboard for the same.

Re: Lan driver issue on Windows 10 after a update

It is necessary that the lan adapter must get detected. It is best to update the motherboard drivers for the same. You can find the same on the official site of your motherboard manufacturer. Just download the drivers and run the setup. Here you need two drivers one that belong to the board chipset and the second one which is actual updated lan drivers. Just try doing the same first and see whether it is properly detected or not. Most of the time I am quiet sure it will start working.