Thread: My browser infected with malware even after having Adblock Plus

My browser infected with malware even after having Adblock Plus

I am not able to figure out what issue I am really facing in my system. I am using Google Chrome as my default web browser. And this works really well. There is no problem with that. But something happened and my home page is changed to some flash gaming site. I am quiet sure that this is a malware. I am using Adblock Plus on the browser. It is the best plugin to block ads. I had not yet clicked on anything but still this home page is changed and lots of chrome options are modified. How to restore the original settings.

Re: My browser infected with malware even after having Adblock Plus

Adblock Plus is just an adblocker. It wont block any popup or any malware. For that you have to try out some other more powerful security options. Page redirection, home page hijacking are the most common things which are not easy to resolve. You can try installing malwarebytes in your pc and scan your pc with that. After scanning the malwarebyte will try to restore your browsers original settings. You can also go in the preferences section and reset the entire browser settings which might start working well.

Re: My browser infected with malware even after having Adblock Plus

It is actually not a malware. You can restore the old settings back. This type of things are done very smartly. First you have to check whether any toolbar is installed in your pc or not. If yes then jsut remove it. Then you have to go in the settings and there you have to check the homage of your chrome browser and reset its back. And the last thing you have to do is right click on the chrome icon and choose properties. Then you can see a target option from there remove any url if you can see.