Thread: getting rid of Dmwu.exe IBUpdaterService

getting rid of Dmwu.exe IBUpdaterService

I am having some virus problems in my computer. Recently I ran Malwarebytes and it found somethine called on my pc. There are also some problems with fake toolbars in my pc and a malware called sweetcakes installed as well. When I tracked it down in Windows System32 folder then it will not let me delete it and is saying that it is open in another program called IBUupdater service? So can anyone tell me how do I get rid of this malware? Thanks

Re: getting rid of Dmwu.exe IBUpdaterService

First of all if you want to remove the Sweetpacks program from your computer then click on Start button and then choose Control Panel and go to Uninstall a program. After that search for SweetIM for Messenger, SweetPacks Toolbar for Internet Explorer, Update Manager for SweetPacks and click to uninstall all of them. Reboot your system and then open Internet Explorer and click on its menu and go to Internet options. Now click Advanced Tab and go to Reset Button. Now here you need to check the Delete personal settings box and then click on Reset. After the process is completed then close internet explorer and reboot. Check now that the malware is removed.

Download a tool called AdwCleaner by searching it on the internet and install it in your pc. This is a free software that will allow you to make a good system cleaning of your PC and make it faster and optimize its performance. This is a very handy tool that allows you to remove unwanted programs. AdwCleaner can actually remove adware from your computer, unwanted programs, and the toolbar hijacker which diverts the start page of internet browser. Very simple to use, AdwCleaner includes a search mode and delete mode.

There is another tool called RogueKiller that is very handy. First download and save it to your desktop. After that close all programs which you have started. After that unplug any USB or external drives from your pc before you can run this scan. Remember to right click and select Run as administrator to start. Just wait for the time being till Prescan is finished and then click on Scan button. Once the scan is finished then click on Delete until it gets finished.