Thread: Nation Zoom Homepage Hijacker removal

Nation Zoom Homepage Hijacker removal

I just got a notification to update Adobe on my computer. So after installing it, the download eventually failed and from then on whenever I am trying to open Internet Explorer then I am getting redirected to NationZoom. No matter what I do to open a program in a new tab or something else, it will redirect me to the NationZoom website. It seems to have taken over my internet browser completely. I have even tried to remove and restore Internet Exlporer but that doesnt seem to work? Can anyone please tell me how do I get rid of this problem? Thanks

Re: Nation Zoom Homepage Hijacker removal

It seems to me like an issue possibly caused by a malware on your computer. To get rid of this problem you need to go to Firefox > Addons > Extensions and remove any suspicious entries like toolbars or any other things that you have not installed. After that you have to go to Windows Control Panel > Programs and remove all toolbars or Potentially Unwanted Software from there. After that run a full scan of your system with different security softwares like malwarebytes.

If you are looking to solve this issue then you will have to type abour:config in the url bar of your web browser and press Enter. After that, you need to confirm the information message if it shows up incase. Now you will have to search for browser.newtab.url and double click on it and change to the website that you want. After that go to Settings > General > Set homepage to whatever you want. Hope this helps.

Even my computer got infected with this same virus and it is really a pain to remove this nasty. But after a lot of testing I was finally able to remove it from my system. So to uninstall this NationZoom from your pc, click on Start > Control Panel > Programs > Uninstall a program. After that search for Wsys Control, Extended Protection, eSave Security Control, Desk 365, Nation Zoom browser protection and some other similar entries that were recently installed and choose to Uninstall them all. After finishing this, you will have to change default search engine and start page settings of each browser in your pc.