Thread: Clash of Malwarebytes and AVAST on Windows 10

Clash of Malwarebytes and AVAST on Windows 10

I am having some issue with installing AVAST on my new Windows 10 pc. It is not working well. I had tried a lot to fix this thing but it is not working. On my previous OS which was Windows 7 I was using Malwarebytes and AVG. Both worked well. Later on I bought Avast. I am having a 64bit system here. I am not able to figure out what really happened in the system. I am not able to remove neither I am able to re-install avast. At some site I found that this is due to malwarebytes. What should I do.

Re: Clash of Malwarebytes and AVAST on Windows 10

I do not think Malwarebytes might be causing any problem with Avast. It works well with other antivirus. And if you are having a internet security pack of Avast then you do not really need malwarebytes. The antivirus can alone take care about all kind of threats. If you are trying to install more than one antivirus I am quiet sure you will keep on facing this kind of issues. The best thing you can do is use AVAST only. And keep it updated always to protect yur pc from all kind of latest threats.

Re: Clash of Malwarebytes and AVAST on Windows 10

You have to remove both of them first. You can use the Avast Uninstall Utility for the same. This is a tiny utility that will remove avast from your system even if you are facing problem. It is the best way to clean your pc and you wont face any major issue later on. Then you can remove malwarebytes also. Install Avast first and update the same. Once it is done then you have to install malwarebytes. If you face any problem with that then it means both are not compatible. You have to use any one among those.