Thread: Can others see your browser history if they are on the same wifi

Can others see your browser history if they are on the same wifi

I have a doubt about wifi network. I have a router at home where all people are connected to the same network. I want to know that can people see my browsing history if they are no the same wifi network. If yes then how to stop it. I always use private browsing in Firefox. Because this does not save any url in the history. And it is also safer. I am trying to find out a bit more about this thing. I had seen some activities in the router log and that is why I want to confirm this first.

Re: Can others see your browser history if they are on the same wifi

Directly it is not possible. You have to use some kind of tracker software for the same. If there is anyone know knows a lot about networking in your home then he/she can work on the same. It is possible but not directly through router. You have to use a third party software for the same. There are tracking and spying software which will record all your history and others can access it. Without that tools it is not possible. If you are having Windows server at your home then through that also it is possible.

Re: Can others see your browser history if they are on the same wifi

I am having a similar kind of setup at my office. All our pc is connected through Windows server and the pc has a tracking software. This software creates a log of things we do. It generate a report and at the end it tell us a full detail about web browsing history. It also show us which person is working and which person is wasting times on videos and social networking sites. Without this tools it is not possible even if there are many people on the same wifi network.