Thread: What you prefer, keeping a server in office or cloud

What you prefer, keeping a server in office or cloud

When it comes to a small and mid size business I need some advice for storage. Today clouds are getting quiet easy to manage. They come loaded with lots of feature and benefits. So if count this year or next year as a fresh start what you prefer. Keeping a server at your office or you will go with cloud storage. I think cloud storage is more cheaper compare to server and you dont have to worry about the maintenance thing here. Because here everything is managed and control by the cloud provider. Most of the reliable cloud hosting provider like Google give you long lasting solution. So what is the best
    option to go for.

Re: What you prefer, keeping a server in office or cloud

Well I prefer to go with cloud. Before we were having a windows server at our office. It was having 1TB drive among which 20GB was provided to every user for keeping files. But a number of time the drive cause issue with connectivity. Sometime the server does not start properly. AT last we switched to cloud. I am having a multi-user access from Google. It is more cheaper than maintaining a server in office. Because it remains 24x7 online. You dont have to keep your files on different places. Everything stayed at one place. People can share files through Google Drive. And access files through tablet or smartphone also.

Re: What you prefer, keeping a server in office or cloud

I also think a professional cloud server is going to help you a lot in getting reliable output. Without that it is quiet not easy to reduce your backup cost. You can keep two things here. Once basic server that can handle your office work and then link that with cloud. All your data will be uploaded on the web. If the server crashed then you have option to backup your files. Data still remain safe in that. Just buy paying a few dollars Google offer you 100GB of space directly on the web. You dont have to buy different drives to expand your storage. You can delete old files and keep a backup on the web.