Thread: What is the privacy issue with Facebook Messenger App

What is the privacy issue with Facebook Messenger App

I had seen a lot of discussion based on privacy issue with Facebook Messenger App. What is that actually. I am using this app on my tablet and it looks to be working well. I am quiet not able to figure out what privacy problem it can cause. Most of the users are using the app on android platform. Privacy means does the app has some kind of virus issue, that can cause leak of data or some other related problem. I am quiet not able to find the actual reason behind this thing. The app only offers chatting so if that data is leaked then it is not a major concern. And also the app needs a Facebook access which can be issue if the login details can be tracked through it.

Re: What is the privacy issue with Facebook Messenger App

The issue lies in the new new Facebook Messenger app. There was a recently update that has generated the issue and this is mostly related to the spyware thing. This app is widely used and the issue is only related to android-based devices. There is no issue on other. It is being found that this new app is having some kind of spyware that can cause issue with the data in chats. And this can also cause issue with other information. You can try stop using the app for sometime if you think it is not resolved. There is no alternative available for this app. So here I am quiet sure that there can be some way to resolve this.

Re: What is the privacy issue with Facebook Messenger App

It is being a issue and yet Facebook has not worked on the same. It is not easy to monitor things on the app on android phone because that can cause performance issue. Someone has found this bug in the app. It can cause issue with the data you have in the messenger. Like it is possible to leak your chats. But it is not easy. And this is not a new thing. Android is almost a vulnerable platform. Most of the app like this there are problem like this. You can keep a antivirus in your phone to keep it secure. Even if any app has some kind of security hole, it can keep your data secure. That will be enough for the protection.